Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wassup, i have a 99 accord automatic, ive seen alot of threads in which people were having problems shifting out of park, well i cannot shift into park, i have to leave the car in neutral, and because i cant shift into park i cant get my key out either, i can shift into any other gear and tha car rides fine but cannot go into park, any suggestions??

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
did you mess with the shift knob at all or try to install an aftermarket knob?... that just happened to me a week ago... i took out the whole bezel so i could get to the bottom portion of the shifter... you'll notice as your shifting through the gears that theres a mechanism that engages/disengages on the left side of the shifter, push on it with your fingers until your able to get it into park...

hope that made sense :p ... it only happened to me one time and hasn't done that since.. so i hope that applies to you too... good luck...

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Probable causes
• Shift cable broken or out of adjustment.
• Joint in shift cable and transmission or body worn.
• Park mechanism defective.

Things to check
• Check for loose shift cable on the shift level and the transmission control shaft.
• Check the park brake pawl spring installation and the park brake lever spring installation. If installation is incorrect, install springs correctly. Make sure that the park level stop in not installed upside down. Check the distance the park brake pawl and the park lever roller pin. If the distance is out of tolerance, adjust the distance with the park lever stop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts