Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not sure if this has to do with my intake or maybe just the mods i have but sometimes lately i will just be idling at a redlight or even just sitting outside of work and my car makes a huge shake and starts to bog and like stalls out. i'll start it back up and i have no CEL's on or anything. the 2nd day after i put my intake on i was sitting at a wendy's parking lot and it did it and the car actually would not start. it was like someone cut the damn cable from the battery because nothing came on!...i got ready to push it out the drive thru and the lights came on again and i was able to start it...i had to enter my nav/radio codes as well as reset my driver power window. it did this last night but all i had to do was reset the window...i told my coworker what happened and he said i might be dumping too much fuel but it's hard to tell without a wideband. my old coworker has an AEM wideband that he will sell me for $150 so when i do gauges in the near future i'm gonna get a pod and have it molded on the top of the dash.

my other question is i eventually plan to do a 75 shot - i know i'll need a tune so what is everyone doing for tuning on the v6??

·
cunning linguist
984 Posts
Thats odd. Maybe a ground issue from the AEM install?
Since its not throwing a code I wouldn't think its anything too internal, but I am just not sure.

Since you had no power/lights, I think I would start there. Even if you just stall a manual in normal driving you still have power.

·
cunning linguist
984 Posts
And you don't NEED tuning with a 75shot. You may gain some more power, but assuming you are running a wet shot (please do) you should be ok. You can always fine tune the jets.

Otherwise you would need a rugular driving tune, and a N20 tune. I am not sure what tuning devices allow for driver selected tuning maps. I am sure Paul does though.

The AEM FI/C seems to be the current 'EMS' of choice, but I have no personal experience with it.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
my car stalled and died on a hill with mad traffic!all the lights cut off then my brakes and i thought i messed something up when i was "trying" to install my fogs.i got yelled and honked at for awhile and i looked at my battery and the bizz-natch groung wire came off,so that might be loose on yours.
as for tuning...ha im clueless!lol gl with that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
well that happened to me a long time ago when i first installed my intake. what it was is when i installed the intake i had to take my batter out, but when i put my battery back in a wire was loose...you might wanna check that and see.

·
Registered
632 Posts
My car bogged out and stalled...I have an automatic...Some times it wouldn't even start.

My problem was my main relay went bad. I fixed it and its normal. I have a 6gen v6 btw

1 - 7 of 7 Posts