Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all

my car is going in for service, she just ticked over 80,000 miles and it wont start. Im guessing alternator, but could be battery, we'll find out.

I also have a generic CAI, the car has a full warranty to 100k and im curious if my CAI will void any warranty? can anyone help me out here?

also, does anyone know how to install the factory air box? I didnt install the CAI but i have all the parts to the airbox! is there a write up? i did a search for a CAI install but found nothing, i was hoping i could back-trace the steps of a CAI install.

·
Honda Rookie
1,042 Posts
Factory air box isn't that hard to re-install. AEM has directions on their site to take it out so you could just reverse them to put it back in.

Also, your CAI should not void your warranty under normal conditions. Unless, of course, you get caught in a flash flood or drive through a big puddle like I did and hydrolock your engine...

But no, you should be ok. They would have to prove that your CAI is causing your car not to start.

·
✔ Verified Member
5,836 Posts
It should be pretty easy to get the stock air box back into your car. I don't think there is a write up about removing a CAI on here. I would just start in the fender and put the resonator in first and then work my way back up top...GL with the reinstall.

·
Registered
32 Posts
While technically/legally they need to be able to proove you modifications caused the problem...The reality is that it all depends on how big of a PITA the dealership wants to make things for you. The safest option is to put the factory airbox back on as a form of cheap insurance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts