Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
JDM FTW!!!11one!
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, this past week ive been noticing that the transmitter on key has been acting funky. i often have to press unlock over 10 times before the light on my key lights up and the car unlocks. im assuming that the little battery in the transmitter is dead. anyhow, if i take that battery out and replace it with a new one, will i lose the programming on the key? also, will it effect the immobilizer on the car? i dont want to open it up yet untill i find out. i did a search and could not find a single thread on any of this. i know theres a few people on here that have painted and midded their keys in different ways. any help would be appreciated!!

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
Accord_V6_400m said:
Just get anohter battery, you won't lose any data or programing. Thats my take on it.
you happen to be right!

just got off honda's service website, "Interactive Network," or "iN." found out from iN that the immobilizer unit itself does not require any battery power, nor does it require any maintenance.

pulling the battery would only disable the keyless entry transponder, while having no effect on the immobilizer. the keyless entry transponder has no memory that can be lost from replacing the battery. go ahead and give it a shot, i believe you'll need one of those tiny phillips eyeglass screwdrivers.

"The battery number is CR1616. Each transmitter uses one battery." -iN

·
JDM FTW!!!11one!
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome Guys! many thanks. im going to pick one up before i go into work. thanks!

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
sumptimwong said:
you happen to be right!

just got off honda's service website, "Interactive Network," or "iN." found out from iN that the immobilizer unit itself does not require any battery power, nor does it require any maintenance.

pulling the battery would only disable the keyless entry transponder, while having no effect on the immobilizer. the keyless entry transponder has no memory that can be lost from replacing the battery. go ahead and give it a shot, i believe you'll need one of those tiny phillips eyeglass screwdrivers.

"The battery number is CR1616. Each transmitter uses one battery." -iN
happen to be right :rolleye2: I'm always right :eek: :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts