Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yea, i've gone carbon fiber crazy.

as many of you know i wrapped my V2 in carbon fiber to enhnace the cold air intake and had plans for a cf engine cover. i'll go ahead and post all the pics for those who didn't follow.

TL engine cover + stock V6 cover:

stock V6 cover modified to "extend" TL cover and ready to be fiberglassed together:

partially finished fiberglassing:

ok, jump ahead to laid carbon fiber and 1st layer of epoxy:

i dont know why this pic was saved in 488px width:

finished and trimmed!:

closeup:

and about damn time, i'm DONE (u can see my carbon fiber V2 :D):

OK and then I had some more scrap pieces of CF and i figured I make my infiniti center caps into cf too:

center caps that came with my M45 wheels:

removed attached emblem:

carbon fibered:

DONE:

BTW, my radiator cooling plate project was scrapped because I didnt use the correct epoxy/hardner ratio and it turned out a mess. I may take it up later when I get more CF.

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
nice i wish i had ur skillz... i want the CF look on my car too but i had the "fake" stuff LOL

·
Stalls @ every light
586 Posts
Cool! Not too sure about the center caps though..

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey thanks guys! you dont like my center caps andy?? owell, i like them better than with infiniti emblems.

robby, actually, i havent gotten any requests... which is good since i like to do this on my spare time and i've been working on it for months now.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kiet said:
post a DIY.
Kiet, I really had no methodology of it. I just did lots of research on the net. I can say that I bought T300 twill weave CF fabric from http://www.solarcomposites.com/ and also West Systems 105 epoxy resin and 207 hardener. I bought the dispensing kit to ensure right mixing ratio. They have all sorts of composites including colored CF, kevlar, and hybrids. Their customer service is awesome. There are many methods to lay carbon fiber. Vaccum bagging seems to be most popular but I did not go that route.

overview:
I just mixed the epoxy, coated the engine cover with it, laid the CF, and coated it several more times. I let it cure for about 2 days then I sprayed it with a high temp clear coat. I then trimmed it, sanded the edges, and polished the cover. That was it.

Spyder said:
shoot I want those rims but the offset is too high. how much did u get them for?
1200 with tires shipped. it would be pretty flush but I'm using 245 tires so it sticks out just a tiny bit. like.. a couple centimeters.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts