Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has got a carbon fiber hood, on a black accord. I was wondering if the carbon fiber stands out like a sore thumb or if it blends with the paint alright. I was also wondering what the best brands are? The carbon fiber accents inside the 6 speed are true carbon fiber or just some plastic.
-thanks

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
i am positive the trim is just plastic.

·
Registered
260 Posts
go with a vis hood if you do get one, no fitment problems at all on my accord and only took 10-15 minutes total to swap

·
Registered
809 Posts
it's just a plastic piece, not real cf.....i been waiting to see a cf hood on a black accord as well. but i think i might just get it, cuz if it doesn't match well with the black, at least it'll match with my headlights.

·
1quick240
1,023 Posts
XplicitAzian said:
it's just a plastic piece, not real cf.....i been waiting to see a cf hood on a black accord as well. but i think i might just get it, cuz if it doesn't match well with the black, at least it'll match with my headlights.
true dat. those are some sick a$$ headlights man.

·
Carbon Fiber Man
257 Posts
Im actually about to go with the Seibon Evo hood along with a first for the 7th gens :D anyways before i repainted the car is was black with the cf hood and the only time it stuck out was when the light reflected off of it and made it look brown so depending on the angle you look at it will determine if it sticks out or not. hope this helps

Ive heard good things about Seibon but they are about $50 to $75 more pending on where you find it. The Vis hood i have now is very strong (held on strong after my grill flew off after cruising at 130mph or so for a couple of minutes long story) but like i said the trunk doesnt fit like a glove plus the clear has been seperating from the cf.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts