Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I'd throw this in show mods for the sake of posting in the right section. Too bad my car isn't ready so I could see what it would look like! :( Maybe next week.

I had this custom made and reinforced out of fiberglass, then I shipped it out to buddyclub2 in Jacksonville, Fl. to be wrapped in carbon fiber. I have only good things to say about that company. Really good work too!

Prep:

Finished product:

·
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PeaPod said:
Wow! that came out very nice. What was the cost for the carbon fiber wrap? if you don't mind me asking.
3 bills, I thought about wrapping it in vynl because it would have saved me 150, But I definetly wanted the carbon fiber more. It was worth the extra cheeze :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
That is a gorgeous piece. Gonna go great with the CF accents already in the 6 speed. :)

·
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kaptain Kaos said:
That is a gorgeous piece. Gonna go great with the CF accents already in the 6 speed. :)
I'm not sure how it will flow with the accents that come stock in the six speed since that is "decal" Carbon fiber and this is real. I was worried about that, I will post pix eventually of it on the car :( soon hopefully...lol

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
you could always remove the accent pieces...the trim and all with the decal on there and send it in and have it wrapped to match...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
are those 52mm or 60mm? if youre just going for show, look into defi bf gauges which black out when they are off or blitz which turn into mirror finish when they are off.

·
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wj4 said:
are those 52mm or 60mm? if youre just going for show, look into defi bf gauges which black out when they are off or blitz which turn into mirror finish when they are off.

52mm, not going for show at all really, more of a personal taste thing I guess. I don't have enough time on my hands to goto a lot of shows. Either way defi and blitz make very effiecent guages but I already p/u some Autometer Ultra-lite II guages, they should look nice. Good price and I wanted to keep the night illumination as close to stock as I could. Defi was my next choice, but I would have paid 4x as much for that setup.

L

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
logonzojls said:
52mm, not going for show at all really, more of a personal taste thing I guess. I don't have enough time on my hands to goto a lot of shows. Either way defi and blitz make very effiecent guages but I already p/u some Autometer Ultra-lite II guages, they should look nice. Good price and I wanted to keep the night illumination as close to stock as I could. Defi was my next choice, but I would have paid 4x as much for that setup.

L
i used to have some cheaper gauges too, until i upgraded to Defi not too long ago. it was a lot more expensive, more than what some ppl spend on wheels, lol. but the function to peak, record and warn makes it worth it imo.
good luck in your set up though!

·
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess if I had an evo or STI I would be spending alot more of my money on guages and smaller stuff that is easilly available for my specific vehicle, but instead I am spending more on custom parts... ya know.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
logonzojls said:
I guess if I had an evo or STI I would be spending alot more of my money on guages and smaller stuff that is easilly available for my specific vehicle, but instead I am spending more on custom parts... ya know.
I totally understand you man. right now im even thinking about getting rid of the evo for something like a tsx and just make it look pretty, u know. show mods and such.
sometimes i fear driving to certain places to get pulled over by the police...its hectic in california. the weavingon the cf they did sure do look good! reminds me of the stock gauges on the 350z :p

1 - 20 of 45 Posts