Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chicago Moderator
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just used a bottle of this stuff that comes in an orange bottle made by CD-2.

Its called Off Street Octane booster.

I thought I would give it a try since i havent used that Chevron Techron for over 10k miles. And because this thing came in a orange bottle we all know it has to be some bad ass stuff. :D

But what really caught my eye was that it said for OFF ROAD USE ONLY. So it must be some strong stuff, because other fuel injector cleaners never said that.

Anyways almost immediatly starting the car, I noticed my car didnt shake/vibrate as much in the steering wheel and the car felt smoother.

I also had to put in 89 Octane instead of 87 since thats the lowest this gas station had.

And I know about the Octane issue thing with the 6th gens how we loose power if we use high octane. Well according to the bottle my octane should of been raised to 91 now after that bottle of stuff mixed in.

Is that why my car feels smoother because its making less power? Or is it all up in my head :gotme:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I can tell you from using 91 octane gas to begin with, my car seems to have LESS power and burns it way faster (I get less miles per tank). I haven't used that stuff you have, but I've NEVER noticed any more smoothness when using 91 octane.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I used Sunoco 94 the other day, 120 miles to half tank. Normally 150 to 175 mile to half tank, I'm back to 87.:rolleyes:

·
V6 -> I4 -> I6
2,943 Posts
so best octane for our car is 87 right? was it 89? :confused:

·
Chicago Moderator
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
87 is best, I would think 86 would be better if you can find it. Since in the manual it recomends 86 or above. So lowest would be 86.

Well it really seems to be doing some good to my car, a lot smoother, and no more shaking in the steering wheel. I dont think i gained any power just car is running more like new.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Why does the higher octaine make you loss power?? When ever I feel like doing some kills, I hit up Autozone for a bottle of NOS off road octain boost. Definently more balls!! Whats the deal??

·
Senior Moderhater
6,110 Posts
Why does the higher octaine make you loss power?? When ever I feel like doing some kills, I hit up Autozone for a bottle of NOS off road octain boost. Definently more balls!! Whats the deal??
Higher octane is exactly what it is, this means their are more covalent and molecular bonds to the hydrocarbons and in fuel it makes it burn slower, or take longer to break down, this is where everyone thinks that you get more gas mileage just for using higher octane, when you switch to a fuel with less molecular bonds, then it burns and combusts much faster, and is the more favorable in our cars, if you ask STEvtec he will explain it alot better than what I did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need to use AMF-035B fuel additive, the best chemical technology for fuel economy... for 87 or 91 octanes. I can bet on this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts