Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way to Chattanooga for a camping trip, my girlfriend's 01 v6 accord $ 85k started to act up. Here are some of the symptoms:

-While driving, the car takes longer to change gear
-When accelerating, the car feels like it misshift and a huge kick occurs
-Sometime at a complete stop, while accelerating the car rpm will rise but the car will not be in motion (like being in neutral) but than the car will kicks pretty hard.

-The TCS & CEL lights will come on after the kick occurs

The code I got was P0122 or P0123

P0122 (7) - Throttle Position (TP) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
P0123 (7) - Throttle Position (TP) Sensor Circuit High Voltage

Any suggestions?? I contacted Honda and they said if it’s the TPS, you cannot replace just the sensor. You’ll have to replace the whole throttle body. Parts & labor is $694…

I checked the transmission fluid and I don’t think it has ever been flushed or drained before (tranny fluid are normally a redish color. Her tranny fluid is pretty dark like engine oil) Can this be another reason why the car is acting up??

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
make sure sensor's connector is fully plugged into sensor.
check wiring at connector, look for broken wire or cracked insulation on the wire.

try to reset ECU.
fuse #13 on passenger side fuse box.

if problem still there, then get used TB from junk yard, get one that of 00-02 AV6.
TB is not difficult to replace, but you need to get new gaskets, old ones will be damaged during TB replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know it’s an old post. However, my 2000 Honda Accord v6 had the same problem as yours, I would like to know if you had fixed it and how?

Best Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts