Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
my only concern with aftermarket body panels would be fitment. try to find some reviews on the product before purchasing ;D

·
Registered
260 Posts
vis cf hood fits perfectly...i got mine in and am very happy with it. I bought pins for it but returned them once I put it on.

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
think we can have a car shop lay a CF layer over the roof? I think it'll be hot if our cars got like CF hood, Trunk, and THE ROOF too.

Otherwise, I was plannin on painting my roof black since my tint is so dark it'll just flow from front to back.

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
If I had a Accord 05 sedan I would swap it out with a Hybrid Accord 05 hood instead of CF.
The Hybrid Accord hood is lighter than regular Accord hood, but not lighter than CF.

To me personally, CF is too much of a hassle to deal with. hood pins (personally don't like them),
color matching if not in black. Need alternate means of keep the hood up.

Hybrid Accord Hood - (just guessing will fit exactly OEM perfect), can get color match, lighter than stock.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
sounded like an awesome idea, so i did some hw:

2005 hybrid sedan hood:
- p/n: 60100-SDR-A90ZZ
- desc: HOOD (DOT)
- SL honda parts price: $520.63
- majestic honda price: $482.06

2005 sedan hood:
- p/n: 60100-SDB-A90ZZ
- SL honda parts price: $311.28

a great idea, but i think i'd take a painted aftermarket cf hood over a "lightweight" $500 oem hood. its probably just made of aluminum.

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
sumptimwong said:
sounded like an awesome idea, so i did some hw:

2005 hybrid sedan hood:
- p/n: 60100-SDR-A90ZZ
- SL honda parts price: $520.63
- majestic honda price: $482.06

2005 sedan hood:
- p/n: 60100-SDB-A90ZZ
- SL honda parts price: $311.28

a great idea, but i think i'd take a painted aftermarket cf hood over a "lightweight" $500 oem hood. its probably just made of aluminum.
Yeah the hybrid Hood is made of aluminum.. there are addition parts that they have used light weight material..

The Hybrid's rims are lighter that the Regular Version.
The Hybrid's Transmission is compact and lighter than the stock version.

I haven't done too much research into it, other members might have a better idea of what went lightweight..

·
Registered
813 Posts
rd6spd said:
vis cf hood fits perfectly...i got mine in and am very happy with it. I bought pins for it but returned them once I put it on.
Wow that looks like my car! Personally i was thinking about getting a C/f hood also but i was wiery that it would take away the clean look of my car. The hood looks good but i am glad now that i didnt buy the hood thats just my opinion! But anyways nice looking car, it was done right!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
cf hood...paint your roof black...cf trunk............thats gangsta.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
mQike said:
cf hood...paint your roof black...cf trunk............thats gangsta.

hahah show off!

hey take off one spring..i did and it fits much better..plus no more rattle.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
how the hell do you take it off without the tool?

·
Registered
260 Posts
wildpikachu said:
If I had a Accord 05 sedan I would swap it out with a Hybrid Accord 05 hood instead of CF.
The Hybrid Accord hood is lighter than regular Accord hood, but not lighter than CF.

To me personally, CF is too much of a hassle to deal with. hood pins (personally don't like them),
color matching if not in black. Need alternate means of keep the hood up.

Hybrid Accord Hood - (just guessing will fit exactly OEM perfect), can get color match, lighter than stock.
No hood pins, and just took one shock off. All together swapping the hoods and taking off one shock might have taken 20 minutes. As for the color, I like the cf on red, but to each his own

1 - 15 of 15 Posts