Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Boosted
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had nothing to do today,so finally after MONTHS, I decided to go out and block my CF roof.so snapped a few shots after I was finished and washed her up and noticed a some spots I missed,SO KEEP in mind its still not 100% done yet but its alot better than wat it was.
Even tho there are about 5-6 places where the weave had imperfections or where I sanded through the resin before clearing,I still think its decently nice and still unique.*Maybe not show car quality but o'well*Especially since it was my 1st attempt at CF overlay.
what do you guys think? keep it or rip it off and just paint it..
-The back will be covered with the group buy window spoiler also. :rolleye2: ..so itl hide the one big bad spot

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
The front and even around the sunroof looks alright, but the sides and back are horrible.

I wouldnt have that on my car, and my cars a POS.

If it was done perfect, it would be nice assuming you have a CF roof and trunk. But its kinda ricey to lay CF over the stock, making it heavier than before.

·
hmmm what next?
2,785 Posts
looks great for first attempt i think i would try to just make a mold of the roof and then do it but still nice.

·
Boosted
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys..Its going to stay on there until im gonna paint my car.

and yes Iv been thinking about making molds of them..Ordering an OEM Roof shell and making molds..and just panel bond it ontop,IF i plan on keeping a CF roof..I May just paint it normally again

·
Brad
4,318 Posts
Keep trying to wetsand/buff it until you've done your best, and if it's not up to your standards redo it. I really recommend doing a roof overlay in the summer when it's warm, the cold weather & occasional lack of humidity really mess with the natural curing of the resin & clearcoat.

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
i think it looks wierd and needs to come off ASAP. this type of stuff is really tough to do and should only be done with loads of practice. I for one would never practice on my own car until i've had 100's of hours of perfected experience. but thats just me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts