Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone wassup? This is my first post, and so far I love this forum. I just got a 06 accord, and was wondering about changing the day time running lights. I'd much rather have a whitish blue light, then the stock piss yellow.

Has anyone changed theres? What size is the bulb, and is it easy to change?

Also does anyone recommend any certain bulbs, or websites to order the bulb from. Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
0sixaccord: said:
Hey everyone wassup? This is my first post, and so far I love this forum. I just got a 06 accord, and was wondering about changing the day time running lights. I'd much rather have a whitish blue light, then the stock piss yellow. .
US DRL lights are yellow? CND DRL is halogen white.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
black_sedan said:
Welcome!. low=9006 high=9005. Stay away from silverstars, I have them and it's still yellow to me.
That's funny my old car was the same setup, I had a 97 2.2 CL. I had Nokya Artic Whites in my hi/low beams and was pretty impressed, for just a bulb. I was thinking about putting them in the accord but wasn't sure what some other people were using. I had HID's in my old car (aftermarket kit), so it's hard getting used to halogens. I might go the HID route eventually so I'm looking for bulbs that would resemble like a 6000k look, for my DRLs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
APOLLON said:
US DRL lights are yellow? CND DRL is halogen white.
I'm pretty sure they are yellow. I mean not yellow, but the stock bulb white. When you say halogen white do you just mean white bulbs, or the typical aftermarket blue bulb?
 

·
.308
Joined
·
863 Posts
well, the other thing you have to consider is the bulb is only running like 40% power in drl mode, making it fairly "yellow". So i'm not sure if changing to a "bluer" bulb will affect anything drastically since its more the power and not the bulb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trapshot68 said:
well, the other thing you have to consider is the bulb is only running like 40% power in drl mode, making it fairly "yellow". So i'm not sure if changing to a "bluer" bulb will affect anything drastically since its more the power and not the bulb.
I never really even thought about that...I wonder if changing it to a blue bulb would make any difference?
 

·
registered n00b
Joined
·
2,769 Posts
the white/blue look on a halogen bulbs is only achieved by tinting the glass blue. this does not only decrease the amount of useful light put out, but also causes more glare.

and yes, trapshot is correct. at a lower current/wattage, teh halogen filament will have a lower color temperature, making it seem more yllow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
0sixaccord: said:
I'm pretty sure they are yellow. I mean not yellow, but the stock bulb white. When you say halogen white do you just mean white bulbs, or the typical aftermarket blue bulb?
No, I meant standard white halogen, which appears off-white when in DRL mode because of the reduced power output, like trapshot68 said.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top