Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everybody! First post here. I'm glad I found this site, it has helped me find out a lot info about my new to me car......anyways on to the question. I've just bought some new light bulbs, and is it easier to get those driver side bulbs by following the manual and taking the tire well out, or by dis-connecting the battery to get in there.

Thanks,
Chad

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
different people will tell u different things, probably depending on the first method they tried.

however, imo, it is easier (at least on the i4 sedan) to remove the battery retaining bracket (one 10mm nut) and then sort of push the batery to one side. that normally gives me more than enough clearance to get to the bulb, and saves the trouble of losing radio presets and the such.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well what about with a V6 coupe. I would def. not like to unhook my battery, but taking out the fenderwell guard just seems crazy! Never thought I'd have to take my car half way apart to change some light bulbs, lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
well if your replacing from the fenderwell its easy...just unclip a few clips and you can pull just it out just enough to fit a hand in, dont worry its bendable. turn your wheel the opposite of the side you wanna change.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
the fender lining is remarkably easy to remove. you'll probably only need to remove about 3-4 of them to be able to pull it open large enough to reach your arm in. use a flathead screwdriver to get the clips off.

try a 'twisting' motion, instead of a 'prying' motion. ive had much better luck with the clips in this manner.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sumptimwong said:
the fender lining is remarkably easy to remove. you'll probably only need to remove about 3-4 of them to be able to pull it open large enough to reach your arm in. use a flathead screwdriver to get the clips off.

try a 'twisting' motion, instead of a 'prying' motion. ive had much better luck with the clips in this manner.

alright, thanks for the advice. I'm gonna try and get them in late tomorrow night or Friday

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
definately go through the fenderwell. it is VERY easy to do it that way. i posted a pic somewhere in this tech. forum of where NOT to place the screwdriver. I was careless and placed the flat head under the whole clip itself causing the clips to break.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
04Punisher said:
definately go through the fenderwell. it is VERY easy to do it that way. i posted a pic somewhere in this tech. forum of where NOT to place the screwdriver. I was careless and placed the flat head under the whole clip itself causing the clips to break.

Yea, I already broke 2 of them looking at everything last night, lol.

·
Registered
813 Posts
yea its very easy to break those clips because most of the time they are stubborn. I bought a tool that removes them very easily!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ok, well now I got a problem...... I bought an HID kit for the car, and neither light will come on!!! I know they are wired up right. I'm freakin pissed. Anyone have the same problem when they first installed a HID kit and might know a remedy?

Can I take the power wires that plug into the ballast from the original headlight harness and conect them to the battery and see if I get some light, or will that be to dangerous with all the volts these kits make?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts