Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i buy the cheapest hawk hps pads? I already found the part # for auto v6 coupe/sedan from hawkperformance.com. Too bad V6p doesnt have these part numbers....

Front: HB447F.667

Rear: HB145F.570

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
i think we should have a massive group buy for this item. seriously.

for everyone. ppl need to realzie how great these pads are.

you know im going to talk to HAWK itself to see if they can maybe get us a hookup.

if we can get 50 or so orders in, they might do it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I wound up buying them from pepboys online. I think the front were about 70 to 80 and the rear i think 60? Check their website. It might be cheaper. It's been awhile. I'm surprised this thread came alive!

·
Registered
266 Posts
wow,, 154 bucks + s/h for front and rear pads from tirerack? a little too much especially with 4/5 people reviewing them have terrible squeeking problems..

carl.

·
Registered
805 Posts
i have front powerslot rotors with hawk hps pads for 200+shipping if you're interested

if you're going to upgrade, might as well do it all. The powerslot & HPS combo has nothing but good reviews for OEM replacement.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
carlrx7 said:
wow,, 154 bucks + s/h for front and rear pads from tirerack? a little too much especially with 4/5 people reviewing them have terrible squeeking problems..

carl.
That's the compromise you have to make for some performance. The squeaking says it works :D It's not loud enough to bother me.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
carlrx7 said:

carl.
i have no squeaking problems.

·
Registered
882 Posts
OwAce said:
i have no squeaking problems.
OwAce, you ever looked into EBC? They're a little more hardcore. I was thinking about their red street pads, or, if I really want to be a badass, their green race pads, which supposedly have a great cold CoF too.

·
Registered
805 Posts
deuzezwild said:
OwAce, you ever looked into EBC? They're a little more hardcore. I was thinking about their red street pads, or, if I really want to be a badass, their green race pads, which supposedly have a great cold CoF too.
2 words.....brake dust

·
Registered
882 Posts
Sin-R V6 said:
2 words.....brake dust
Meh. Not that important to me. I'd rather have more confident braking.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
deuzezwild said:
do you have a sense of how long those last? race pads literally only last race distance.

wonder how these last. im intrigued and would love to try them on my next brake change.

·
Registered
882 Posts
OwAce said:
do you have a sense of how long those last? race pads literally only last race distance.

wonder how these last. im intrigued and would love to try them on my next brake change.
Not really. But I feel like under race conditions, they get worn out a lot faster. I have no idea about street usage.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
deuzezwild said:
Not really. But I feel like under race conditions, they get worn out a lot faster. I have no idea about street usage.

hrmmm so they are a good race pad..wonder how they will be under street conditions.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts