Accord V6 Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
have a code p1107 barometric pressure performance in my honda accord 2001 v6 i have changed map sensor transmission shift sensor new spark plugs and air filter a mechanic told me it was 2nd and 3rd gear shift pressure switches. i changed one but it was running worse than before. dont know what to do any suggestions

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok maybe this is how to post...2002 zccord...car was running fine...started bogging down in mountains....very sporadic though....would appreciate any help///thanks has 8 fault codes 6 are misfires for each cylinder...one is p071/072/....but then I get a p0420/catalyst not effiecient....any ideas on next step? thanks

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,786 Posts
ok maybe this is how to post...2002 zccord...car was running fine...started bogging down in mountains....very sporadic though....would appreciate any help///thanks has 8 fault codes 6 are misfires for each cylinder...one is p071/072/....but then I get a p0420/catalyst not effiecient....any ideas on next step? thanks

P0171 and P0172 --> Primary O2 sensor
P0420 --> Secondary O2 sensor

Try the oxygen sensors first.
Denso (Nippo-Denso) brand is preferred as Denso are high quality.
NGK brand is next.
Do not use Bosch - they are junk for our model of car.

Also, the Catalytic converter might be clogged up giving either one or both DTC P0420 and P0171/P0172. If it is your converter, Gut it/hollow it out, or replace it with either OEM (expensive as $hit) or Aftermarket (magnaflow is good).

report back either way for us please.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Let's not forget about the many bluetooth OBDII scanners available now; they likely did not exist when this thread was originally started. Many of them are far cheaper than a dedicated off-the-shelf scanner, and pair with your phone for realtime monitoring. I use the Torque app for Android but there are others; that one even links to a description of the code. You can view & clear CEL codes, as well as whatever engine statuses are available from the ECU. It was quite useful when doing my ATC6 swap, and my J35A1 swap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
'EVAP control system leak near fuel tank'

Good luck!
I have the same problem. New member here. I have replaced the gas cap and I do not smell any fuel at all. Any idea as to what the cause would be? Trying not to spend an arm and a leg

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Let's not forget about the many bluetooth OBDII scanners available now; they likely did not exist when this thread was originally started. Many of them are far cheaper than a dedicated off-the-shelf scanner, and pair with your phone for realtime monitoring. I use the Torque app for Android but there are others; that one even links to a description of the code. You can view & clear CEL codes, as well as whatever engine statuses are available from the ECU. It was quite useful when doing my ATC6 swap, and my J35A1 swap.
But how accurate on they? Depending on getting one just afraid of being ripped off ya know?

·
Registered
33 Posts
But how accurate on they? Depending on getting one just afraid of being ripped off ya know?

Here's what I use: a cheap ELM bluetooth module from Amazon, paired with the Torque Pro app (Android)

It's not just awesome for CEL codes, you can do some other stuff too- even more with newer vehicles.

As far as accuracy goes, it just pulls data from the ECU same as a dedicated scanner... only much faster. Clearing codes is almost instantaneous. The fuel trim monitor can be quite useful, but the emissions readiness monitor status is just as useful sometimes.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts