Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Kingof3rdinput said:
What have you done to your headlights? Get some daytime pics up there. Looks good though.
Looks like you got black vinyl over the blinkers?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i used testors black spray paint to make the eyelid. yes it still blinks with dark white light along with that black look.

·
I hate my Ford
664 Posts
at first glance it looks like a 6th gen coupe

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
dang that looks trippy... get some daylight pictures tho... looks good tho :up: looks like u got aftermarket wheels too? nice ride

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You dont have to take out ur headlights. all u need is some tape, newspaper, testors black spray.

1) tape around your headlights. make sure you have no openings so when u spray paint, no spray will get on ur car.

2) now with the newspaper, tape them around your headlights. this gives you a wider range of the paint can be sprayed. Make sure there is no gab between the newspaper (so no paint will get on ur car when u spray)

3) this part is the hardest probably. with the black spray paint (if your car is black) gently spray all around nicely and evently so you wont have any oversprayed liquid marks. let it dry then remove everything. and it'll look SICK :p

I WILL TRY TO GET DAYLIGHT PICTURES IN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! :)

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
i tried the testors candy apple red on my eg taillights before. looks great for the first 6 months, and then be prepared to get out the paint thinner and DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN! best bet is to lay down 3-4 coats of clear (15-20 min between coats) after the first application, then touch up every few months. lets see how it looks in the day!

·
N_Patel77
196 Posts
cc

sumptimwong said:
i tried the testors candy apple red on my eg taillights before. looks great for the first 6 months, and then be prepared to get out the paint thinner and DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN! best bet is to lay down 3-4 coats of clear (15-20 min between coats) after the first application, then touch up every few months. lets see how it looks in the day!

hey have u been able to take daytime pics of your headlights.... i would love to see them.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
im sorry, i wasnt around for a long time to post the day time picture. this picture was actually taken before i took that night time picture so all my mods like clearcornered headlights, lip kit n stuff aren't installed in this picture but you guys were interested in the day time picture of the eye lid, so here it is.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
from the front shot, it looks a little uneven. u should go back and try to touch that up!

i can somewhat dig the eyelid tint, but i really dislike the blacked out/tinted reflector strips. and yea, this time around, the night shots definitely look like a 7th gen and i was getting my panties in a bunch for this being in the wrong forum ;D

also, on a controversial note, i think amber reflectors look really good on NBP. half of the ppl here will tell u that the clear look is better, though.

like my comment from months ago, i still strongly advise you to put clear coat on your testors paint, bc it wears off and looks REALLY ugly after several months, esp since its on the front of your car.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
dood hasnt signed on for 7-8 months... "Last Activity: October 31st, 2005 10:34 AM"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts