Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Completely new to the site so sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong area. I recently acquired a 1984 Chenowth Sandrail/Dunebuggy and I'm looking into options for repowering it. I'm not a huge fan of the way the VW engine hangs off the back plus I want more power than what that engines offers at a reasonable price. I kind of want to add a turbo and switch to E85 on it. Probably more power than I really need however it should be fun. I would love to hear opinions on whether I should go K24 or J35 as well. I've done some research at this point and this project is probably a year or more away but I like to learn as much as I can so when I make a final decision if I run into issues I have plans on how to fix them. Thanks for your help,

TwinDad

·
Mr. Detail
1,190 Posts
J35 has great power potential and strong midrange torque. There's a lot of J35/36/37 build threads in the performance section.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J35 has great power potential and strong midrange torque. There's a lot of J35/36/37 build threads in the performance section.
Thanks for the info. At this point I'm pretty sure I want to use either a J or K series engine however I don't have a favorite. I really like the idea of plenty of torque. I'm a big diesel fan as well. Thanks again,

TwinDad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts