Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
say hello to angels..
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question..

how long do chinese bamboo plants live for?

i've had mine for like 4 years and it's 4 feet 8 inches tall (bought it when it was 1ft tall)

i'm gonna be really sad when it dies :( :(

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
ummm i've had mine since i smuggled it from taiwan in 96..... lol didn't really get longer, but it's still alive

·
Registered
585 Posts
The the bamboo's lifespan is determined by how well you take care of it. They are pretty low maintenance, but they suck up water pretty quickly. Make sure to fill the pot full and check the water level every week at least. There is "green liquid" food for the plant just squeeze a few drops about every week or 2.

Also, keep the plant away from direct sunlight. A shaded area in the house/room is perfect.

Another thing, traditionally, you should have odd numbered bamboos, its like feng shui or luck (i.e. 3, 5, 9, 11 bamboo stalks are the more common pre-potted ones that I have seen at shops.)

Enjoy.

·
I'm stupid with cars
610 Posts
yeah you can, if you cook em right

·
Registered
167 Posts
4 feet 8 inches tall
Holy tall bamboon man.
Good job keeping them alive man.

I got 1 in my room and 1 at work.
Hopefully they bring me some good luck...
ya they do suck up water...if only I can find a girl this low maintance.
hahaha

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
they only last 2 weeks for me! Damn..

·
say hello to angels..
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2k4accord said:
and girls said that guys are not sensitive....
hahaha
damn right. :laugh:

the 2 bamboo plants in my room suck up so much water...it isn't even funny. they both require like half a cup of water...sometimes more every day(if i used those plastic water cups they give out at like...jack in the box) haha

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
no tap water? woops... we got a few in our bathroom and i throw in some water from the tap whenever i see the water level go down :p

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
Epyon said:
how the hell can it be so big, and yet the pot is so small?

:eek: i didnt even noticed that! its a balancing act! at first glance it looks as its growing from below the table top...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts