Accord V6 Forum banner

Which aero styling option would look best in your opinion on a black av6 coupe?

• wings west full kit

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • mugen-style front, mugen-style sides, ww rear

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • mugen-style front, ww sides, ww rear

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • something else (if so, please elaborate.)

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... lemme know which aero styling you like best, because I will probably purchase by the end of summer. I just had to lower my car first, lowered about 2 inches. Now it's sitting pretty just waiting for some body styling. :)

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
00Accord4cyl said:
Hmm tough choices...i love my full WW kit but hmmm def WW rear, not sure about front and sides
I know, it's such a tough decision. ugh. I can get a full wings west kit on this one site for $600 shipped, and it's not ebay. And I can get the mugen front and mugen sides and wings west rear for about $500 total. How much do you think it would cost to paint everything??

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does the WW rear flared out part look stupid with mugen-style sides? it seems like mugen sides flare out a little bit towards the back, so it might not look bad if I were to go that route.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hmm I would rather get the mugen front lip & OEM Side and rear lip kit. If not, I'd put a front mugen lip, mugen sides and OEM rear lip. If that isn't that good of an idea, I'd get mugen lip all around lol as my last resort. They will all match well because it's the small lip kit not those big ones like WW.

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
00Accord4cyl said:
yeah his car's amazing. but I thought I couldn't get the oem lips, because I'm an 02. :/ anyway though, I think I will start focusing on body work as soon as I can get some funds to move forward. lol I think the ww rear is amazing, so that's why I'd def want that, and Idk about the oem sides, because they don't stick out at all towards the rear to match better with how the ww rear sticks out. that car does look really clean though.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Lol you can't get a full wingwest on a 2002 either. 2002 only works with mugen style all around. You would have to custom fit the WW or OEM on a 02 model. I would just get a BC2 or Black widow kit, and just have your body shop feel in the stupid holes in the front to make the kit look cleaner.

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
eww but I just think those kits are too big and toyish, and I've seen 01s and 02s with nicely done lip kits. yeah the wings west kit would have to be custom fitted, but it can be done, and if I remember correctly, I think the wings west rear fits all 98-02 with no problem. not completely sure about that though. so if that's the case, all that would have to be done is cutting of the mugen sides. but yeah I'd rather have only a mugen front lip than a full bc2 or black widow body kit. I just think those kinds of kits take away the natural flow of the car.

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
What's the point of asking other people what they like? it's your car.... lol you're not building your car so other people will like it. You're building it so you'll like it.

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah I know, but the point of asking is to see how many ppl like whichever choices you're considering. because I haven't really seen any of these kits in person on a 6th gen av6, except for oem, so I'm just trying to figure out which I like best by getting other people's opinions and possibly pictures. so far this thread has helped me decide the mugen front and sides with ww rear would be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
OEM or WW is the best way to go since they are highest quality you would ever get out of all the other choices listed above. Mugen is ABS and will crack sooner or later. My ride is gonna be slammed so I will do with a mugen front lip since I can expect to crack it a few times lol.

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Doctor_X said:
Do something custom ;)

ahhh like what you're doing?? how's it coming along?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Yeah something custum have your body shop make you one and only bodykit just for your coupe.

******I found an ebay auction for a WW front lip and rear lip for the coupe. What is the deal it says that it would fit 98-02 and then there is other auction from the same seller that it says only fit 98-00? The seller is an ebay WW authorized dealer as well...

here is the link:
http://motors.search.ebay.com/?from=R40&satitle=Wings+West+Accord+Lip+Kit

Does anybody know the closest style wing for our cars to the Do-Luck style duck bill spoiler?

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Trevendous03 said:
ahhh like what you're doing?? how's it coming along?
I haven't worked on it in a while because I've been working like 5 or 6 days a week with semi-long shifts. Once I have a day off and I can get my hands on a Dremel I'll be able to do more.

·
Experenced Tuner
39 Posts
I say go OEM or Full Type R or Full Carbon Fiber.

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gosh I don't have a money tree growing in my backyard though. how much would a custom kit cost?? not many customs shops around here. :( kinda sad really. not many shops that would even fabricate mugen sides for me probably. that might be why I never have seen a 6th gen accord in person here with mugen sides. just the mugen front.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts