Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 05' 6MT accord. For "normal" driving, i drive the car on the low end of the the rpm range. So with this in mind I decided to get the injen CIA instead of the aem. However, reading through the forums, I couldn't seem to find much info on the comptech icebox CIA. Which one do people recommend? I realize that the comptech CIA has that design that keeps water out, but does that affect performance???

By the way, can anyone from NJ tell me how people get away with tinting the front-side windows? I just moved to NJ and it seems like the mandatory annual inspection of your car would mean that every year i have to peel off the tint... then put it back on... costs so much $$$.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Beware any CIA...it will tap your phone then detain you at an undisclosed location neither of which will help your performance...

·
399 Posts
honda4hiro said:
I have a stock 05' 6MT accord. For "normal" driving, i drive the car on the low end of the the rpm range. So with this in mind I decided to get the injen CIA instead of the aem. However, reading through the forums, I couldn't seem to find much info on the comptech icebox CIA. Which one do people recommend? I realize that the comptech CIA has that design that keeps water out, but does that affect performance???

By the way, can anyone from NJ tell me how people get away with tinting the front-side windows? I just moved to NJ and it seems like the mandatory annual inspection of your car would mean that every year i have to peel off the tint... then put it back on... costs so much $$$.

As far as I know, there is no Comptech Icebox for the 7th gen AV6s. If there is, Im sure its ridiculously expensive, beter off with AEM or INJEN.

As for NJ inspection, its not annual, its every 4 years. However, the cops will give you problems depending on where your from. If you live in Ocean County, dont do it, youll get pulld over 10x a day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can someone decipher "copetecu" comments? Is he correct that CAI will not enhance the performance of an 05 Accord V6 5AT. thanks

·
863 Posts
honda4hiro said:
CAI... not CIA... my fault...

and you are right, looking at comptech website, there are no icebox for 7th gen....

thanks.
he was making light of a misspelling in the title...

CIA-Central Intel Agency
CAI-Cold Air Induction......

·
863 Posts
no, the CIA assassinates the driver of your opposing car, so that you win. Doesn't increase HP, just decreases competition :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts