MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES
2,373 Posts
i say get it. get beefier tires tho!
those are hotttt

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
yea...I know, that's the only problem. Its kinda skinny...the rgr16d is more aggressive, however the offset is +55, wont work with 7th gen....anyone have those wheels on their silver sedan?or I'm the first one who is interested in trying that setup?

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
somebody on these forums already went out and tried to get these... he went on to say that they do not clear the front brake calipers... just like the stock Si wheels.

·
Formerly EPS Sniper
762 Posts
First off, these wheels are +45 offset, meaning you get 10 mm more clearance than with the stock Honda wheels.

Second, the 7 inch width is good for a 225 tire, which is ideal for an 18" wheel. I would think that 225/40/18 is a good tire to have on these cars.

That being said, I have seen a 7th gen coupe with these wheels and they are pretty nice. Go for it.

·
Formerly EPS Sniper
762 Posts

These are with the Civic 215/40/18s, which are thin tires. 225/40/18 should fill it out nicely.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks eps! the pics help a lot...It doesn't appeal me that much once its installed...I probably consider rays or PIAA FSR. Thanks all.

·
DIY Mania
194 Posts
First off, these wheels are +45 offset, meaning you get 10 mm more clearance than with the stock Honda wheels.
Not necessarily. Brake clearance is dictated more largely by the spoke design, not offset. Offset also plays a role, but not as much.

10 mm lower offset of same width wheels only tells us that the rim sits 10 mm more outward, no more no less.

·
Formerly EPS Sniper
762 Posts
You are correct in that respect, but I highly doubt that the curvature of the spokes would be extreme enough to offset the spacing created by the...offset.

·
DIY Mania
194 Posts
If you're talking about the wheels in the above eBay link, you are correct.

But there are so many inconsistencies in brake clearance and offset.

For instance, 8th gen Civic Si wheels are of 17x7 and 45 offset yet they won't clear 7th gen Accord's front brakes, yet the Accord uses 17x7 and 55 offset stock wheels.

Another example, RH Evo C2 in 18x7.5 and 42 offset won't clear TSX's front brake calipers although TSX's stock wheels are narrower and of higher offset (17x7 and 55 offset).

Someone in the TL forum bought 19x8.5 and 42 offset Volk Racing wheels for his 6MT TL. The rims won't clear the brakes although they are wider and have lower offset than the OEM. Why? It's because of the spoke design.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts

Second, the 7 inch width is good for a 225 tire, which is ideal for an 18" wheel. I would think that 225/40/18 is a good tire to have on these cars.

That being said, I have seen a 7th gen coupe with these wheels and they are pretty nice. Go for it.
I didnt do the testfit, I just made the post saying that there is another thread in which some guy said he test fitted the same exact wheels and they didnt fit.

Who knows maybe the guy had a V6 or a 6-speed, iirc the V6's and 6-speeds all have different brake setups from what you have pictured (4-banger). If they all have the same brake calipers then I guess the other guy has been proven wrong.

·
Blue in NY
968 Posts
Those are hot as hell, I wanted to get them but realized the color wasnt going to work with my car. They look dope on yours though.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
So the HFP 18" will definitely not fit a 03+ v6 sedan? Seems kind of odd that it fits the 4cl but not the v6?...
dont bet on it, the guy who test fitted them at first had a V6... the one pictured has a 4cyl, like I said earlier... I believe V6's have bigger brake calipers, but dont quote me :p

1 - 20 of 30 Posts