Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
CLS 6MT 3.5psi
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i never shared any info of my car here but i thought i can post some info finally...

so here it is

2003 Acura CL Type S 6MT currently 101k miles

Performance mods:
Injen CAI
XS headers
Underdrive lightweight crank pulley
CT axleback
P2R TB spacer
P2R IM thermo spacer
Ingals ETD
MAF oil catch can

dyno was done without P2R spacers but now car run much better and im thinking about getting it dyno again

it was Dynopack

247WHP/210TQ

dont mind car was hella dirty

13,915s @ 101,4mph

here is pic of my car

My plans are P&P IM and runners new 3.5" CAI

XLR8 75A motor mounts that are supposely on the way

maybe CTSC next year

im sure i forgot about something... suggestions are welcome i want to make this car run 13.7 now thats my new goal

·
CLS 6MT 3.5psi
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dynopack is a hub dyno. You can see that on the video. Im running RonJon Servo rims 18x7.5 ET42. Tires 235/40 Potenza RE760 60foot was 2.28

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
nice bout time someone shows the true potential of this car...and ur numbers are still with the cat in im sure of it...keep it up!

·
CLS 6MT 3.5psi
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stock cat and mid pipe. But im planing to change that to highflow cat and 2.5" piping to axleback with magnaflow resonator. Im hoping for improvements because i dont want to loose the exhaust sound which i love.

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
Very nice man! Love the CL-S 6MT

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Stock cat and mid pipe. But im planing to change that to highflow cat and 2.5" piping to axleback with magnaflow resonator. Im hoping for improvements because i dont want to loose the exhaust sound which i love.
change the midpipe, but your stock cat is already high flow from the factory so its not going to be much of an improvement compared to the loss of emissions performance and the smell of the exhaust.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Nice numbers/times man. You seem to be keep improving and that's what counts. I've been stock at the same ET/trap even with more mods! Good job, especially on the stock midpipe.

·
CLS 6MT 3.5psi
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
still waiting for those engine mounts... engine wobbles terribly, once i get that fixed i will hit the track again

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Both your ET and trap should improve if I'm not mistaken. Motor movement during launch and each shift should definitely hurt acceleration, especially for FWD vehicles. I think I have the same problem. Well, I think it's my tranny mount, not motor mounts. Wouldn't be surprised though.

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
well a couple things here...i dont care how big your exhaust is after the Catalytic there is a limit to how much power you will gain...also your exhaust is only as good as its smallest point :up:...and getting stiff motor mounts is probly the best thing you can do for this car

·
CLS 6MT 3.5psi
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So you guys do not recommend swaping cats for high flow ? I belive that there is something in there to unlock.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Cat = pu$$y :gaylaugh:

I think you should do a custom header with a true 3" merge collector mated to a 3" exhaust. You'd probably gain 10-15whp from your current header collector/stock midpipe.

·
CLS 6MT 3.5psi
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
3" is to big. 2.5" will be perfectly fine. 3" is overkill. There are custom long tube headers that Paul makes but for me too pricey for now as long as i have those im happy with it. This car is my dd so going catless is not an option for me. Port n polish im and runners is next thing and mid pipe. I think i will be done by this point. If funds permit next year i'll put CTSC

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Ah but 3" is perfect ;) especially if you have semi-tentative plans to boost in the near future.

I don't know much about the CL-s exhaust from the factory, but I'd imagine a HFC would flow better. Paul is saying they flow well already from the factory. As long as it's 2.5in, you may be okay. But definitely get a midpipe that matches your header collector.

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Ah but 3" is perfect ;) especially if you have semi-tentative plans to boost in the near future.

I don't know much about the CL-s exhaust from the factory, but I'd imagine a HFC would flow better. Paul is saying they flow well already from the factory. As long as it's 2.5in, you may be okay. But definitely get a midpipe that matches your header collector.
just give up bro he doesnt wanna be catless or 3"...dont worry i hav a feeling once he gets the mod bug and starts losing to people he will think differently...thats why i gutted the Fek outta my accord race car becuz the desire to be faster took me over! lol...oh n sonnick i gotta lil suprise for u buddy :up:...lets jus say bigger is better :bowdown:...yea n the CL-S6 has the ability to make around 280+whp if modded properly 300+if tuned and thats N/A=No Boost

·
Herp derp
648 Posts
Street - if you're going 2.5" on the exhaust you need to upgrade the cat because stock is 2.25". What headers are you running? XS headers have a 2.5" collector and the CTs have a 2.25" collector.

Im still waiting for Paul to finish up the headers for me. Im hoping that it will allow me to break 300whp finally. Im really interested in the torque numbers more then anything though.

The Excellerate high flow cat is a nice piece, but expensive. Thats why I went with a universal 2.5" Magnaflow cat. Dont forget a resonator though if you dont want any drone.

And I need those damn mounts too.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Street - if you're going 2.5" on the exhaust you need to upgrade the cat because stock is 2.25". What headers are you running? XS headers have a 2.5" collector and the CTs have a 2.25" collector.

Im still waiting for Paul to finish up the headers for me. Im hoping that it will allow me to break 300whp finally. Im really interested in the torque numbers more then anything though.

The Excellerate high flow cat is a nice piece, but expensive. Thats why I went with a universal 2.5" Magnaflow cat. Dont forget a resonator though if you dont want any drone.

how much power do you make now? dyno graph? 1/4 mile?...i saw ur build on A-Zine thts nice!

·
CLS 6MT 3.5psi
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

i think im gonna go same route. What kind of cat was it ? and also what kind of resonator you had... your car is too quite... :p i'd love to keep the way it sounds but some more power would be nice

·
Registered
197 Posts
In the 1/8th what did you run? With my car mostly stock except for the single 3 inch exhaust I ran between 9.4-9.6 all night but my launch sucks!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts