Accord V6 Forum banner

CL Type S Throttle body help

2K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  NokBlue 
#1 ·
I want to get a new TB and would like to get a CL-S TB. I need to know were to get one and cheap. Does it affect the A/F ratio much? Would I need a VAFC 2 controller? Do you feel or hear a difference with a TB? What parts do you need to put one on your car?

#7 ·
I have a bored out CL-S tb and to be honest, the only gains i feel are low end torque. I dynoed at 200whp and 200trq and would guess that i gained a couple hp and trq but not much. The sound on the other hand is pretty sweet. People always ask me if im boosting because it really hisses at lite throttle. All in all its just like having a tb spacer with a lttle more advantage.

#8 ·
How did you break the 200whp, what mods. How did you bore it out. I was lookin for somethin that sounded cool, cause all the TB that ive heard that r aftermarket make some noise and produce more HP. I saw a pic of one once where the 3.0 v6 TB fit inside of the acura one. where did you guys buy one from. I see paying a lil more for the TB and short ram and get more HP then the V2 for a similar price.

#9 ·
I got mine from Honda, paid alot for it. Make sure you get the CL-S TB and not the CL TB. There is a differene in diameter. I felt a little more throttle response and power through out the entire RPMs. I think its worth it, but I have the s/c and the CL-S TB opening is almost exactly the same size as the opening of the S/C inlet!!!

#23 ·
comptechV6 said:
yea im just a little confused to what i need for it just the body assembly

9459 006 1 BODY ASSY. (GY67A) 342.58 291.19

or do i need something else i dont think i would need the TCs controler would i?

Im confused now, there are two different TB's, the one for the 03 AT, which is ^^^ that one (GY67A) at 291.19, and the one for the MT, which is (GYB3A) 294.46. Isnt the one we want for the MT one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.