Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
_
1,648 Posts
me too, that is what i want. i want the pink strip to be white. the best looking tails are the 03 cl with the white at the top and the rl lights, both just have red and white. i wish someone would make tails like these for us, maybe with led.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ephyouckay said:
OMG!!!! thats exactly what i want!!!!!!

btw... my vinyl tint is coming off on one of my tails on the bottom :(
really that is very odd. i've had mine on for about 8 months and it is STUCK on my tails with no peeling at all. Oracal's adhesive is the strongest out there :confused: did you tuck the excess vinyl when u cut it? if anything just take it off and do the above to let me know if that degreser method works on clearing that pink strip, lol :D ;)

·
DJ2000
2,715 Posts
04Punisher said:
really that is very odd. i've had mine on for about 8 months and it is STUCK on my tails with no peeling at all. Oracal's adhesive is the strongest out there :confused: did you tuck the excess vinyl when u cut it? if anything just take it off and do the above to let me know if that degreser method works on clearing that pink strip, lol :D ;)
oracal vinyl is good. But not the best. If put on it should last a good 3-4 years. It was just probably put on wrong and not trimed around the edges right.

·
Registered
43 Posts
something wrong with that other forum i couldn't register.. it keep said that my email is being banned ahahha and its my first time to the site.

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
04Punisher said:
ok, i know there is much talk about our tail lights how we all hate that pink strip. i found this thread and was wondering if anyone tried this for our coupes. i'm too scared to try it for myself since i'm scared to take things apart :D will this work??

http://www.houston-imports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244908&highlight=cleaned+tails

it wont work! he is just showing you how to get them back to its original red/white condition. i guess after time, the white turns a little pinkish.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
04accordcpe said:
it wont work! he is just showing you how to get them back to its original red/white condition. i guess after time, the white turns a little pinkish.

noo nooo it comes stock with little red lines painted frfom the inside....the degreaser just takes those lines off.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it will. cuz logically what is it that makes that stripe pink? it has to be some kind of paint or film which i doubt is anything permanent.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it will. cuz logically what is it that makes that stripe pink? it has to be some kind of paint or film which i doubt is anything permanent.

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
hmm, idk, ill try it on my stockers, i have a 6th gen sedan, and ill see what comes of it, but honestly, im not really sure this will work.

04Punisher said:
im pretty sure that the lenses on my 6thgen sedan are actually pink, like, not gonna wipe to clear, haha, but ill still try it. ive never gotten to look closely at a 7th gen coupes tails.

·
Registered
530 Posts
it won't work. thats more of making it back to white vs. turning it white.

some guy tried it on 6th gen accord and did NOT work.

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
ex2k4 said:
it won't work. thats more of making it back to white vs. turning it white.

some guy tried it on 6th gen accord and did NOT work.
good, then i dont have to waste my money, hahaha, i didnt think it would anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts