Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help cleaning my rims badly. since we had a real rough winter here in MD i think the road salt had a lot to do with my problems. i have what looks to be small nics in the wheel itself and break dust has filled them making my C2's look extremely dirty. anyone know what to do? i tried 2 cleaners and still no luck. anyone know if maybe a good rubbing with steel wool will help or just **** things up more?

· Hella Functional
5,616 Posts
i know exactly wat u mean, i'm located in VA.

use simple green. I use it at 50/50 strength, mixed in with water. Let the wheel cool down, then hose it down with water to get any loose dirty off. Then spray the simple green on liberally. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, while u go clean on some other part of your car.

After that, get a nasty dirty rag and wipe down the dirt. It should come off pretty easy. Repeat at full strength if the 50/50 doesn't cut it.

I use this method on my RHs and it worked very well.

· Registered
2,662 Posts
try using meguires hot rims put it on dry rims let sit wash now after that dry then wax over it with meguires scrach x and step 1 then shine them with megires step 2 then wax over it when step 3 your rimm will look much better and will stay cleaner

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
try using meguires hot rims put it on dry rims let sit wash now after that dry then wax over it with meguires scrach x and step 1 then shine them with megires step 2 then wax over it when step 3 your rimm will look much better and will stay cleaner
I got the hot rims stuff already, where they sell the step 1 and step 2 stuff?

· Registered
3 Posts
I had problems cleaning rims and tires but they helped me. A friend gave advice to use the instruction Car steam cleaning process | What is car steam clean? where the car steam cleaning process is described, which is very effective when cleaning a car like outside as well as inside. The advantages of this cleaning method are that it does not need to use chemicals, steam not only cleans but also disinfects surfaces well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts