Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam thinking about getting a clean sweep for my car but after all the search I still have a few questions if someone can answer.

1> Intalling clean sweep means connecting all the speakers outputs from the headunit to cleansweep to get 2 RCA outputs, question is How the speakers will be connected? through the amp which recieves the input from CS? or when connecting the speaker output to the CS, do we need to just tap into the speaker output into CS.

Simply, how the regular speakers will recieve input? through CS, H/U or amplifier?

·
Registered
966 Posts
i don't have a cleansweep, but from reading about it, shouldn't the cleansweep ultimately be just a line out converter. I mean it does have the ability to undistort and change the signals from the speakers. Basically, your amps would are connected to the cleansweep with RCA cables. Your amps would then be the point where all speakers are connected to.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Splice time :)

·
Brooklyn Representer
49 Posts
Question...

I'm new here & for some reason, I can't post a message yet...but has anyone ever installed an iPod adapter in their car? I was thinking about buying one from iCarKits.com. What do you think?

·
Registered
259 Posts
clean sweep is just a very very fancy line out converter. it will use a demo cd to equalize the factory sound at a certain volume to make it flat. a $20 loc will leave the factory tuning present, making the sound not flat and constantly changing at different volumes.

head unit -> splice speaker wires to extend -> speaker wires goes into clean sweep -> RCA from clean sweep to amps -> amps connect to speakers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts