Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
_
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gunna put these euro clear type lights on my girlfriends 96 accord I think is the year. Anyway, I looked under the hood and through the grill and I believe I know how to get the bumper lights out, but not the corners. The corners have one screw in the top and I don't see anything else, but when I tried to take it off it wouldn't come out easily, so I just left it for when I have the tools. But what do I need to do to get the corners off? More than 1 screw? If there is a link someone knows of to find the answer please let me know, or if you can tell me from personal experience that would be great. Thanks.

·
JB4 e92
5,224 Posts
You're talking about the rear bumper markers? If so, you will just give them a little budge. Make sure not to break the support clip on the left side (opposite side of the screw). If you're still having trouble, you can just reach your hand behind the bumper and push it through the back. ;)

0430Steve said:
I'm gunna put these euro clear type lights on my girlfriends 96 accord I think is the year.
:smack:

·
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3
4,271 Posts
Actually, I believe he is talking about the corner lights and turn signals on the front of the car :)

It takes some force to get the corner lenses out after removing that one screw because there are a couple of clips that are pretty tough especially if the corners have never been removed before. On my old Legend, I actually had to use a flathead screwdriver to pry between the corner lense and the headlight (not good) to get those suckers out of there.

·
_
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I am talking about the front 2 lights. I figured out the lower bumper lights, but the corners are giving me crap. I took off the screw on top and then tried to pull it out and that didn't work. Then I tried prying it out and snapped the plastic that holds the screw on. I looked at the new lights to try and figure it out, but there wasn't anything else I could see that would hold it on there. I just don't want to break anything too bad. Where do I need to pry? Also, I am having a little trouble putting in the bumper lights. The two different lenses have the same light pattern, but the clears won't let the light bulb twist into place. I don't know what the deal is ,maybe the seal is too thick, but if anyone has had this problem or has any ideas let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
To get the corner lenses out, make sure you pull them STRAIGHT outwards, toward the front of the car. If they're still not budging, jiggle them a little up and down.

Oh yea, the corners ARE only held in by the one screw on the top of them, there's no other screws.

·
the Lost Sol
2,198 Posts
ya.. go to the side of the car and use ur palm and sorta push/tap it out .. nver tried this but u could try using a rubber hammer ..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts