Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a Clifford Matrix Alarm w/ the remote w/screen installed recently? I'm gettin hookup on one of them for like 150ish and they are charging me 140 for installation. Does that sound like good price? And to whomever that has this alarm, how do ya'll like it? + its effectiveness?

Also I'm not gettin the RSX one (one w/ remote start). On the RSX box, it sayz theres vibrate mode, will the one I get (Matrix 3) have that as well? Didn't see it on the box. Don't want it goin off in class ~ . ~''

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
ya its a good alarm...Clifford, Viper, etc...all the same thing owned by DEI...150? dang there so cheap now..my 2way alarm system costed me around $500 when they 1st came out.

·
Registered
198 Posts
yea they're decent enough. i got the viper one since they didn't have the clifford in stock. got it done for like 300.

·
Registered
442 Posts
comptech security system

Hello all,

what do you all think of Comptech alarm? Is it better than viper / clifford?

here is the link : http://www.compustar.com/security_with_remote_start.htm

I had viper w/ auto start last time, and I loved it. But this is something new.

Any feedbacks?

Thanks..

·
Registered
388 Posts
i own the 900fm... it's good... so far... range is waaay better than any DEI products... i didn't get viper because they were having issues with their pagers... besides the price is better... remote's bulky but u get used to it...

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My choices are pretty limited, I can get Viper, Clifford, Python. There are many other sh!ttier alarm systems which I'm not gonna list. Im not sure if I seen a Compustar here so iono... Maybe I'll get that one if I can find it somewhere. Range is important especially cuz I'm getting this so my car will be safe in college. I would need all the range I can get.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
is there even a clifford matrix 3? i got the clifford matrix 3.5 about 2 years ago. great alarm with no complaints. If we're talking about the same alarm that is a great price because the retail is at $500.

·
Registered
388 Posts
if it's the range you're looking for then compustar is your solution and they are less expensive... however clifford is coming out with a brand new alarm for over $1k i believe but with similar range as compustar, i think... but that remote is sick!!!

·
Official V6P Retro Whore
3,899 Posts
I know of an alarm that has a color remote and has a camera installed in the car and takes snap shots and sends em to your remote.

thieves beware

:hide:

·
Registered
196 Posts
the "cost" is 200 bucks, 140 for install is great, mine was 135 for the install, normal in TX is 180....plus the imobilizer bypass- another 30, and i just got the 3.5, love it to death

·
Official V6P Retro Whore
3,899 Posts
you guys really shouldn't be trying to find the "cheaper" installer. Especially at a place like circuit city/best buy. Not only do they go through people like popcorn, but most have as$holes as managers who have nothing better but to ream their asses and get jobs done as fast as possible without any real regard to your install.

I had my viper 791 installed their (stupid me) and I had many problems with it. After just a few months, they went through 4 FULL installer staffs.

do some investigating and ask around. don't just assume because it's a retail store their going to do a good job. Most alarm installed at these places take 1-2 hours. If you think that's enough time to install an alarm, have fun getting your car stolen :(

my $0.02

off rant.

·
Registered
492 Posts
dreamer said:
you guys really shouldn't be trying to find the "cheaper" installer. Especially at a place like circuit city/best buy. Not only do they go through people like popcorn, but most have as$holes as managers who have nothing better but to ream their asses and get jobs done as fast as possible without any real regard to your install.

I had my viper 791 installed their (stupid me) and I had many problems with it. After just a few months, they went through 4 FULL installer staffs.

do some investigating and ask around. don't just assume because it's a retail store their going to do a good job. Most alarm installed at these places take 1-2 hours. If you think that's enough time to install an alarm, have fun getting your car stolen :(

my $0.02

off rant.

i agree with every word that dreamer wrote...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
dreamer said:

my $0.02

off rant.
seriously. i work at circuit city and wouldnt dream of having stuff put in my car there. id go to a store specialize in car audio and such.

·
Official V6P Retro Whore
3,899 Posts
SlayerGTR said:
How about at FRYs electronics? Or should I just buy the alarm at FRYs and install it at like Tweeters or Car Toys?
ROFL. Fry's is probably one of the worst things you could do. My buddy had foglights put in his car and they used double sided tape.

If you are looking for a good alarm installer, pm me and I will give you his information.

hooking an alarm up isn't that hard. the hard part is to hide it, and install all the sensors in the necessary places. many people don't realize that certain sensors need to be placed at specific areas to work effectively. For example, many people add the "radar" sensor to their rides and they just throw it underneath the steering wheel along with the brain and what not, when it reality it should go more near the arm rest in the center/roof.

Even a cheaper alarm installed correctly will work better then any "high-end" alarm system.

·
Official V6P Retro Whore
3,899 Posts
wj4 said:
seriously. i work at circuit city and wouldnt dream of having stuff put in my car there. id go to a store specialize in car audio and such.
but even so, I could show you 5 shops in my area alone that claim to know everything about alarms, but when you see their work, it's laughable.

the people who do the best work are usually the ones who ask you about what kind of security you're looking for then find the right system for you. Not just some idiot trying to make $$ off you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts