Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Search, search, search and oh yeah did I mention you should do a search?
Seriously there is an easy DIY using a bulb from Radio Shack on here.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
You can easy replace it yourself. They sell the bulbs at radioshack for a 1.49. it come 2 in a pack # 7219 12 volts 60mA.

As for installing it. First remove the clock unit by placing a screw driver under the base of the clock and pry upwards. Then disconect the two wire harrnesses. Look on the back of the clock you will see a small black screw its on the side/corner. Turn it half a turn and it should come loose take it out then you will see the blub wired to it. If you notice that it makes it power conection by touching the plate on the base. now take some thing small like a fine screw driver or nail cliper and just pry the wires up and un ravel it from the base. Now reverse the order when installing the new blub but cut the extra slack off after you rerun the wires through the bulb base it makes it a lot easier. Then reinstall the blub holder back in to the base and lock the blub holder into the base. and replug the wire harnesses and reinstall the clock, and finaly set the time.

·
Registered
492 Posts
When my car was under warranty they replaced the entire clock. I replaced it with the Radio Shack bulb when it burnt out again. It's slightly brighter than before, but barely noticeable unless you are aware of it.

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
What I've experienced is this. I went to a Radio Shack, they did not have it. So then I bought a Honda one and didn't unplug the power and that crap blew out. Then I bought like 10 bulbs here $5... so I'm kinda set for a while.

Also what I've heard people saying is that the Radio Shack bulb is brighter than the OEM, hence it won't look even. Don't know if that matters to any of you though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
mine was easy to fix, since the dealership i work at had a 98-00 accord there, i took the clock out of that one and switched it with mine. now it works perfect.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
it actualy matches better now before the clock light was a little too dim compaired to everything else

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Yeah I had to replace mine too, I'm not sure if I did get it at Radio shack I just remember them not having it. I probably just bought it at my local Honda dealer. Be careful not to break any clips, it doesn't matter to much just be careful though.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
Aztro said:
What I've experienced is this. I went to a Radio Shack, they did not have it. So then I bought a Honda one and didn't unplug the power and that crap blew out. Then I bought like 10 bulbs here $5... so I'm kinda set for a while.

Also what I've heard people saying is that the Radio Shack bulb is brighter than the OEM, hence it won't look even. Don't know if that matters to any of you though.

my friend didn't turn off her car before changing the clock bulb in her accord...she blew a fuse and had to drive 150 miles w/ no speedometer =/

·
Registered
307 Posts
ridin18s said:
mine was easy to fix, since the dealership i work at had a 98-00 accord there, i took the clock out of that one and switched it with mine. now it works perfect.
That's terrible.......great that you got yourself a new clock......but some poor schmuck is driving around somewhere wondering why the hell they can't see their clock at night! LOL

You should be ashamed of yourself! ;)

·
Registered
222 Posts
H0ndaJunkie said:
That's terrible.......great that you got yourself a new clock......but some poor schmuck is driving around somewhere wondering why the hell they can't see their clock at night! LOL

You should be ashamed of yourself! ;)
yeh i agree. what a weasel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts