Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I finally got ahold of a company that can make a module to allow proper O2 skewing of our Primary O2 sensors. They already have something close to what we need that has been used for about 2 years on other vehicles, but has extra stuff we don't need, so I will be working with them to first prove a modified design then come up with a end product for us. This will apply to all V6 vehicles with Wideband Primary O2 sensors (7th gen AV6,3rd Gen TL and up).

The way this module will function is to skew the O2 sensor reading to the ECU based on one of the FICs O2 skewing outputs, the details for those of you who understand the functionality is the FIC outputs a 0-5V signal on the O2 skewing lines, we will use one of these to control the module, the module will be able to skew the current output of the sensor by +/- 10MA (when used with new Toyota designs they generally only go -4MA to reach 12AFR. Since the module can add and subtract current the default setting in the FICs O2 skewing table will be voltage mode, and 2.5V to make 0MA change in O2 data to the ECU, once I recieve the prototype I will find how much of the range we need to use and set the unit to be able to give full range skewing, with the actual reading being 14.7 the full range I am looking for is from 11AFR to 17AFR, this will give us the maximum range so that we can have the ECU get the AFR where we want throughout the MAP in Closed Loop operation, so the example in the table of the FIC would be 0V would = 11AFR and 5V would be 17AFR. This then allows us to not only add fuel where needed but also pull fuel, I have seen where the stock map will actually run a bit rich (13AFR) in spots where the engines seem to make the most power running closer to 13.5AFR NA. Installation will be 6 wires, +IGN Voltage, PWR GND, O2 Reference GND, O2 1 VS+, O2 2 VS+ and O2S1 from the FIC.

Final cost of the module has yet to be determined but will end up somewhere in the $100-$150 range and of course can be lowered with volume. The reason the cost can not be determined yet is due to finialization of the design, current thier module has extra parts on it we don't need like a MAP sensor, removal of these parts will of course reduce final cost.

BTW this will end up costing me over $750 to get the first one made for us, but this is needed.

·
Honda Rookie
1,042 Posts
I'd always be willing to chip in a few bucks for some R&D, Paul. Let me know. No need for you to foot the whole bill with all you do for this community...

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
w00t i want this :)

But I wonder when it will actually be ready

·
★★★★
2,138 Posts
^It prevents the ecu from overriding piggy-back input data while the vehicle is in closed loop.

Cool Paul. Way cool. You guys and the 3rd gen TL-S owners need this baaaaad.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Paul this is awesome, cant wait for this to come out. Could this also possibly tie into a future solution you were developing, where a module would advance timing across the board and then we would use the FIC to dial it back as needed?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Whos the company? Model number?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
damn Paul always good stuff. I might be in but not for a long long time. My car is still bone stock. lol

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Always the 7th gen guys.

·
got LSD J36TT??
1,369 Posts
paul u know im in :up:. anything to better the 7th gens. btw paul what about cam gears, for advancement of timing? i remember u said in another thread that it would cost about 800 dollars or so for the machine to make cam gears. im sure that v6net, and all the 7th geners will pool in to get cam gears, i know i would:up:

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
paul u know im in :up:. anything to better the 7th gens. btw paul what about cam gears, for advancement of timing? i remember u said in another thread that it would cost about 800 dollars or so for the machine to make cam gears. im sure that v6net, and all the 7th geners will pool in to get cam gears, i know i would:up:
too bad most people are flakers

1 - 20 of 221 Posts