Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who needs a 02 CL Type S CYLINDER HEADS good condition w/25k mi let me know. I can find them for $1000 shipped for both.

If you check acuraautomotiveparts.org they're $1114.71 for the FRONT and $1292.10 REAR.

its illustr #2 and #3

All you need is CLS/TLS manifold ($299) and throttle body ($2xx) and your 6th gen. AV6 gonna FLY :D. Add headers/CAI/ VAFC or UNICHIP and you REALLY FLY :D

·
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6
3,407 Posts
Is it a direct bolt-on? I thought there was an issue with clearance. Plus the butterfly valve on the CL-S manifold won't work unless you do alot of work (SocalV6 was the only member that got it working on the J30A1 motor).

Let me research some more and I'll get back to you. Put me first on the list ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yes, direct bolt-on. TAG got his installed fine (check last couple pages with pics on '3.5 converstion' thread) also 02AV6 got them installed fine but he's not using the upper manifold ('Block ready' thread see pics) ;)

Not sure about clearance.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yes, he has 01 Oddyssey J35A1 with J32A2 heads, so the clearance was bad.
Had he used J35A3 or J32A2 (3.2) block - no issues. Same goes for J30 block - no issues it will bolt right up!

·
Registered
263 Posts
^
Since nobody put them yet on AV6 (J30A1) block, so no dyno (before & after). My estimate CLS heads (cams already there ;)), IM, TB should provide great gains. My guess ~ 30-40whp . Add headers,intake and you've got a little beast :D

·
Let the good times roll..
507 Posts
Is the parts list to do the head swap just the head, and the manifold plus tb or is there a lot of little miscelleneous pieces to get this to work. I was just curious because i have an interest in do this mod, i would pick up a used head from www.car-part.com. Also is this mod possibible on a 99 accord, because of the distributor, i was thinking this might be a lot more difficult to do on a 99 as opposed to an 00-02? thanks for any info.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts