Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just installed my stock suspension after being on tein SS coilovers for 3 years. I'm now hearing a fairly loud clunk in the right rear suspension. I checked and re-tightened all the bolts but its the same. You can definitely hear it from outside and I can kinda feel it. What could it be?

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Spring not seated right would be my first guess, check and if possible take a couple pics on the spring in the upper and lower seats.

·
Registered
900 Posts
does it make that sound when you go over a bump or when you're turning?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it makes a metallic clunk when it goes over bumpy roads. I can make it clunk by opening the door and making it rock side to side.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Looks right, are you sure the bolts are all tight, especially the ones holding the top mount to the vehicle, sorry I have to ask...

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no pics, try to tighten your sway bar endlink. the nut that holds the sway to the endlink, maybe that came loose.
I did try to uninstall my tl-s sway bar but I stripped the hex hole so the whole thing just turns now... I didn't think the nut actually moved...

·
Registered
373 Posts
I did try to uninstall my tl-s sway bar but I stripped the hex hole so the whole thing just turns now... I didn't think the nut actually moved...
well i guess theres something to consider before you go and take apart your suspension to check the seating of the springs etc, much easier check to eliminate this problem. =P

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had my buddy rock my car side to side while I checked the sway bar end link. It turns out thats exactly what the problem is, the bar moved around a ton.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
I am glad you found the problem, but it would have been nice to mention this earlier, would have saved us alot of time....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts