Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
^ Nice but very expensive ($1200 for the set), another option is a Spec clutch on the resurfaced stock flywheel, they come in diff stages, for a 8-10PSI boost I generally reccomend stage 2+ ($500 ish), provides good holding power but is still not too harsh of a engaugement for daily driving.

·
Registered
229 Posts
when I get a new clutch kit from the dealer, do I really need to buy a new fly wheel? or can it be resurface? If it can, how much? thanks.

·
Stoner Boner
830 Posts
Yeah, I'd ship it off to Paul to have it re-surfaced. Unfortunately I thought time was a bigger constraint than it already was, and I ended up not being able to find anybody here in FL to resurface it, so I had to drop $606 on a new flywheel. I do have the Spec stage1 kit, I'm not going boost, and planning on getting rid of the car once it's done...

I'd send it to Paul if I was you to have it resurfaced...

·
cunning linguist
984 Posts
Whats the turnaround time Paul?
I don't need it yet, but if I can overnight it there, and back, I am curious how long it would take.

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
^ Nice but very expensive ($1200 for the set), another option is a Spec clutch on the resurfaced stock flywheel, they come in diff stages, for a 8-10PSI boost I generally reccomend stage 2+ ($500 ish), provides good holding power but is still not too harsh of a engaugement for daily driving.
dont know about that one paul, spec clutches are crap. all your paying for is a disc with a painted stock PP. did you see the pics of what happened to davids spec kit?

:shudder:

PP broke into pieces,

disc was toast,

and his expensive comptech FW felt the wrath of the broken PP pieces :eek:

i'd rather call CM and have them notch the stock FW and get a stage 3 kit for around 750. rather than deal with spec

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
I hear you, but I think the combo of the light "un-sprung" flywheel along with a couple of very harsh drops caused that, using the spec with the stock dual mass FW would be much better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts