Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure wether or not to get the Tein basics, or get some koni yellows with htech springs or h&r. I want to get a nice low drop just under 2 inches with close to stock ride quality. Im not to hung up on what the ride quality will be but ofcourse i want the best i can find an offord. In every ones opinion what would be a good combo with shocks and springs, or coilovers. Im leaning more tward the tein basics, I dont like hfp kit eithe cause the drop def. isnt enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tein basics seem a little easier to work with, i get height adjustability wich is good but only becuase i can actually pick my drop level. with springs i seem to be stuck where im at. Also i get the complete package with tein so to say. The coilover is a full system and i wont have to worry about spring/shock compatablitly or rather how well they will work with eachother. it would suck to get 2 kick ass set ups spring and shock and to find out they are to harsh ride qualtiy. :rolleye2: also with the tein basics i would oly need rear camber :confused: yes/no?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Just for reference from what I've read the TEIN basics are going to be a stiff ride. You can't adjust the dampering on them, just the height. From what I recall they are like having the TEIN-ss set at like 5 or 6 don't remember exactly. Do a search for that. So if ride quality doesn't matter then I'd do that. I was dealing with the same issue but decided to put the H&R on the Koni's and couldn't be happier. Seeing as you can adjust the dampering on the Koni's and they are height adjustable, but not like coilover. You need to remove the spring to adjust the height on the Koni's. Speaking from experience the H&R with Koni's fit fine, not a problem at all installing them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
841 Posts
I have the Tein Basics and they are just a little stiffer than stock. But, unless you plan on going to the drag strip or doing AutoX, dampering isn't necessary unless you really want a soft ride over stock or an extremely stiff ride. I love it and i'm glad with my decision.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
807 Posts
I had HFP suspension then switch to tein basic, no difference rides the same im surprised and whats best about it is you can adjust the height. Love it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
To be honest hearing that frustrates me now. When I asked a long long time back I got the impression they would have been much stiffer, so i went H&R. Glad to hear both of you like the set up, would have probally went that route myself thinking about it now. Would have definitely been cheaper for install in the long run. But its all good, like my setup also. Peace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
I have Tein S-techs I love the drop and I'm getting Koni's in a few weeks through a GB. From what I hear about Koni's I dont think I'm going to be dissapointed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,136 Posts
Nsaladino said:
I have Tein S-techs I love the drop and I'm getting Koni's in a few weeks through a GB. From what I hear about Koni's I dont think I'm going to be dissapointed.
ditto im also doing the s-techs and am in the same GB :D
 

·
No Life LowLife
Joined
·
79 Posts
Igotvtec04 said:
I had HFP suspension then switch to tein basic, no difference rides the same im surprised and whats best about it is you can adjust the height. Love it.
Besides Igotvtec04, does anyone else have any input on how hfp and tein basic comparison? The agony of choosing between the two is killing me!!!!! :banghead:
 

·
indoctidiscant
Joined
·
3,790 Posts
well both the hfp and the tein basic are constant rate springs i believe... and my belief is based on a VISUAL inspection.

so i would assume at a certain height the spring rates would be the same. and therefore the ride should be the same assuming that the shocks have the same damping ratio.

my advice is this..get koni yellows (they have a million mile warranty) and then get Ground Control Coilovers (eibach million mile warranty i believe applies) and mate the two and presto you have a coilover system which is both height and damping adjustable. (and possibly also a million mile warranty).

i think im going to do that with my konis, or mebbe ill make a custom coilover sleeve using tein htechs. :idea:
 

·
No Life LowLife
Joined
·
79 Posts
Lemme put it this way, how does hfp and tein basic compare w/ luxo suspension setups like MB, BMW, and Audis? Love the way these guys absorb bumps and potholes. Can hfp and tein basics do that? :confused:
 

·
indoctidiscant
Joined
·
3,790 Posts
Leeak said:
Lemme put it this way, how does hfp and tein basic compare w/ luxo suspension setups like MB, BMW, and Audis? Love the way these guys absorb bumps and potholes. Can hfp and tein basics do that? :confused:
nope. the reason being that those guys use electronic dampers. those electronic shocks continuously change the resistance of the fluid inside the damper to increase damping almost instantaneously.

us poor folk are stuck with one damper setting, or for those with more advanced dampers 10 or more if u get the likes of tein SS, or Koni yellows.

so, to ans your question no hfp and tein basics cannot do that since the shocks will not adjust to damping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
I won't go with coilovers due to the constant attention you have to pay to them to keep them balanced on all 4 wheels. I would get H&R with Koni yellows. Basic coilovers with constant rates are useless. If you really want to get coilovers for daily driven cars (waste if you ask me), then get the Tien SS.

Oh and you need the rear camber kit. a .75 rear drop causes the rear to be around -2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,136 Posts
pharmb said:
I've got S-Techs with the Koni Adjustables, and am very happy with the results.
sounds good do you have pics bro?
 

·
6thgenaccord.com
Joined
·
613 Posts
zeoth said:
I won't go with coilovers due to the constant attention you have to pay to them to keep them balanced on all 4 wheels. I would get H&R with Koni yellows. Basic coilovers with constant rates are useless. If you really want to get coilovers for daily driven cars (waste if you ask me), then get the Tien SS.

Oh and you need the rear camber kit. a .75 rear drop causes the rear to be around -2
huh?? constant attention, I have no idea what you're talking about. I have Tein SS coilovers on my car, you don't have to pay constant attention to them at all. Spin the perches to where you want them, tighten the locking perch, and forget about it.

Also, a lot of coilovers have constant spring rates. Varying spring rates like Eibach springs are designed to minimize negative effects on low-quality struts, because a progressive spring acts like a stock spring 70% of the time, so its a way to minimize the extra stress that a dropped car has on shocks, so that people can try and get buy with stock shocks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Wildman said:
huh?? constant attention, I have no idea what you're talking about. I have Tein SS coilovers on my car, you don't have to pay constant attention to them at all. Spin the perches to where you want them, tighten the locking perch, and forget about it.

Also, a lot of coilovers have constant spring rates. Varying spring rates like Eibach springs are designed to minimize negative effects on low-quality struts, because a progressive spring acts like a stock spring 70% of the time, so its a way to minimize the extra stress that a dropped car has on shocks, so that people can try and get buy with stock shocks.
They have locks on them now? About time. They didn't before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
zeoth said:
Oh and you need the rear camber kit. a .75 rear drop causes the rear to be around -2
No way, my ride was within spec dropped over an inch, not saying it wasn't pushing the limit on spec ( -1.5 accroding to Honda). It won't hit - 2.0 camber until you get close to a 2" drop. But the fact of the matter is you need a rear camber kit if you lower the car, wether it be 1" or 3", unless your willing to wear tires out that is.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top