Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oks, gonna install an aem v2 cai this weekend. I'm debating if i should remove the foglight cover to get more direct cold air to the filter? Has anyone done this? I live in Vancouver (rains a lot here), and i'm just wondering if it will hurt my filter or engine if it is exposed to rushing rain directly (since this would be the case if the fog light cover is removed). Also, are there going to be gains worth removing the foglight cover? if not, i'm not even going to bother. More worried about filter constantly exposed to rain since there is nothing blocking it, will the engine suck in that rain water? will my filter end up a POS after such exposure? :confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
your engine will not suck water, it only will suck water if the filter is sumerge!!

BTW your filter will get dirty sooner, but maibe you can get 1 or 2 more hp because you will get more flow and the air will be colder!!

I will try the same the next week on the track and will let you know!!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
wont make a difference unless u direct all the air flow to the intake...and make sure the air is going into the filter and not just hitting it and leaving. if it was a short ram and u some how have the fog grill removed and produced a piping to make the air hit the filter there it would help more since its more direct cooler air where as the cold air is still gettin the same cold air if u open it or not. yea btw if u leave it open the filter is going to be drenched. i even want to patch mine. during the rain it feels like the water on the filter is smothering it...leaving less air to go in.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I had my Injen RD Intake installed on my accord and the performance shop who installed it took out the slits in the fog light holder so that the air filter shows through. It might give it more direct air contact, might add some horsepower, but I wouldn't put money on it. I think its just cool looking plus it makes me feel like I have direct air flow into my engine. Makes me feel like I have more power personally :D

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mental hp ehh? nice...haha

·
fonda my honda
592 Posts
i used a dremel on mine and cut out the middle section of the filter so just the outer rim remains. it kind of resembles a 6-speed intake, minus the middle section going across. i like it, and no cai problems as of yet.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have the fogs inplace and I was concerned, probably unnecessarily so, about my V2 filter getting soaked, not hydrolocking. I just don't think it's right to get that filter soaked, considering how a stock filter is locked away. I made a small deflector, installed it on the back of the foglight housing in hopes of keepin excess water of the filter. I may have wasted my time, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

·
WISCONSIN IS GREAT!
153 Posts
My air cover broke when i hit a snow bank. (even though its open anyways cause its a 6speed) i didnt notice any difference

1 - 13 of 13 Posts