Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone done this? i am considering using tint spray on the chrome in the headlights in the same method you would in the DIY blackhousing. just wondering if there are any pics out there.
i have a graphite sedan so maybe doing them graphite is a possibility also.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Funny you should ask. I just finished mine today. San Marino Red. Haven't installed yet. Unfortunately won't be doing that for a few weeks. I'll post up pics then.

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
it might look a little weird depending on what color the car is... i would just recommend going the safe way and blackhousing it. i done a black housing last weekend and it turned out very nice..

·
JDM FTW!!!11one!
414 Posts
Kiet said:
it might look a little weird depending on what color the car is... i would just recommend going the safe way and blackhousing it. i done a black housing last weekend and it turned out very nice..
agreed. i know theres a guy on here with a 7gen who did his housings in a gunmetalish color. it was a pic with two accords in the snow or something. it looked pretty good. IMO it will depend on your color how it looks.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
joedanger11 said:
bought black chrome to paint my headlights. havent done it yet. but i'll be sure to post pics.
hey joe,

i've been looking for black chrome paint. i finally found one on the internet but it was about $60 for a can!!

where did you buy that black chrome paint from?

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can use testors tint spray at a hoby shop....it will be ok inside the headlights but would need some extra clearcoat protection in exterior situations.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I just got the dual halo ebay projector headlights in the other day. ( Before you bash me I am gonna retro some hid projectors in there) I am thinking about buying the paint from Tower Paint and color matching them to the car. My car is Saph Blue. Right now the halo lights are blackhoused. What do you guys think? I am just worried that it will be too much blue. BTW not trying to hijack the thread but my question falls in the same lines as this one. :angel:

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
Here ya go, there used to be a few more, but the pics are X'd. Don't know who on Cardomain has these, but I'm sure you could find him.

·
get'cha roll on...
1,449 Posts
idk man- it looks like a bit much when you colormatch it w/ the car. the reflective strip sticks out like a sore thumb, but thats just my opinion

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yeah I think I am gonna leave them black. Too much blue. I think the black will look good with the black fog light bracket and the black grille that I will be hopefully getting soon.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Here are the results of painting my headlight housings bodycolor. I think it looks OK however I don't think it is an earth shattering mod. I could have used black but that seems to be the road most traveled. If anything, it does seem to soften that big chrome wedge on the corner of our cars. Using matching colors, even black, seems to 'compartmentalize' the look of the housing, I don't know if that is good or not. When all chrome, the different sections blend together better.

Original:

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
need a shot from further away. wanna see the whole front end.
after seeing the pics i would likely lean toward a black chrome effect.

·
Registered
216 Posts
odk said:
Here are the results of painting my headlight housings bodycolor. I think it looks OK however I don't think it is an earth shattering mod. I could have used black but that seems to be the road most traveled. If anything, it does seem to soften that big chrome wedge on the corner of our cars. Using matching colors, even black, seems to 'compartmentalize' the look of the housing, I don't know if that is good or not. When all chrome, the different sections blend together better.

Really, you don't like it that much? Honestly i think that looks great! Much better the stock :and1:

·
Registered
807 Posts
odk said:
no offense but this look disgusting.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts