Accord V6 Forum banner

Went to the link and voted...

  • YES purchase if made available

    Votes: 28 62.2%
  • Would purchase if didn't already have intake

    Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Would not purchase comptech icebox

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • nothing, did not go and vote and will not go and vote

    Votes: 2 4.4%

  • Total voters
    45
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
darkside / gen7accord.com
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comptech is seriously lagging or totally giving up on developing parts for our cars. This could be due to the fact that they don't know that there is enough interest in the intake to make it. If you want the icebox, or want to help push it to development, make yourself heard at the gen7accord.com thread! Please vote and post your interest. Comptech representatives will be monitoring the thread soon!

http://forums.gen7accord.net/viewtopic.php?t=522
 

·
_
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
i won't buy their icebox until they make me a supercharger.

why go with an ice box from a company that hates us, when you can get a cai now?
 

·
darkside / gen7accord.com
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
0430Steve said:
i won't buy their icebox until they make me a supercharger.

why go with an ice box from a company that hates us, when you can get a cai now?
they hate us?

they made a couple things for our car already, short shift adapter, ss catback exhaust... if they hated us they'd make a bomb and tell us to install it in our fuel tanks... j/k. we can still try. I'd rather put in an Icebox over an AEM v2. Sure the v2 has the neat piping, but i don't like the wizzing sound it always has.

icebox looks way more stock, and performs in the past on other cars very very well.
 

·
darkside / gen7accord.com
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5 people said they voted, yet there are no votes on the gen7 page! please vote on that page! that's where we'll be collecting the data and pointing comptech reps.
 

·
.308
Joined
·
863 Posts
yeah, i really wanted a short ram intake for my v6, and the only is the k&n typhoon. CAI is reasonable, but then i'd have to do the bypass valve (i work at a lake and puddles are everywhere; yes, i drive my car at work), and the v2 doesn't have the bypass capability. Plus, I like reasonable stock looking, so let's see what becomes of this
 

·
_
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
the icebox gives you more performance, but with the reliability and confidence of a factory airbox. bigger and better designed box and filter gives more power like a cai, but you don't have to worry about the hydrolock issue, which really isn't much of an issue for most.

hope this helps.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,075 Posts
Comptech should just go out of buisness
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,075 Posts
Comptech should release a JPIPE and a ECU flash for our cars. Icebox is just plain dum to release to us since we have AEM V2 and INJEN.

If they want money to pour in for the 7th gen owners they need to make a product to bypass all cats and a jpipe /header. Now thats something i would want and it would gurrantee 25HP to the wheels LOL
Thats all i got to say. That would be the ultimate mod.
 

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
I have the V2 but I will switch to the Icebox if Comptech puts it out. I like Comptech even though they are frustrating the heck out of us by not fully support our power hunger! :D
 

·
darkside / gen7accord.com
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
0430Steve said:
uhh, link it
the first post has the link. uhh... but here it is quoted again ?

Blizzard said:
Comptech is seriously lagging or totally giving up on developing parts for our cars. This could be due to the fact that they don't know that there is enough interest in the intake to make it. If you want the icebox, or want to help push it to development, make yourself heard at the gen7accord.com thread! Please vote and post your interest. Comptech representatives will be monitoring the thread soon!

http://forums.gen7accord.net/viewtopic.php?t=522


Kingof3rdinput said:
Blizz, youre poll is f**kin cracked out. There is no option for "i wont purchase icebox" its all one sided
It's not a vote to see if you think it's good or bad, it's just a poll to see who wants to buy it. If you don't want to buy it, you don't vote. We're just taking a tally of who's interested, rather than figure out who's not interested. We want to show comptech how many people will buy the product as of now, just so they'll make it, rather than give statistical information of who or who wouldn't want the product. So if you don't want it, don't vote that you want it. The vote is just a counter.
 

·
_
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
Blizzard said:
the first post has the link. uhh... but here it is quoted again ?
uhhh, didn't see that it was on gen7accord.net, sorry. i was looking for it on this forum.

but i'm not going to register a new account just to vote no.


2fast4u99 said:
Comptech should release a JPIPE and a ECU flash for our cars. Icebox is just plain dum to release to us since we have AEM V2 and INJEN.

If they want money to pour in for the 7th gen owners they need to make a product to bypass all cats and a jpipe /header. Now thats something i would want and it would gurrantee 25HP to the wheels LOL
Thats all i got to say. That would be the ultimate mod.
i agree with that. there are already these parts out by other companies, why make a product just to have competition. unleash the s/c, pulley, and j pipe kits and i will think twice about comptech.
 

·
darkside / gen7accord.com
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
0430Steve said:
uhhh, didn't see that it was on gen7accord.net, sorry. i was looking for it on this forum.

but i'm not going to register a new account just to vote no.
Hey steve, the gen7accord voting is more of a counter to see who's interested. If you're not interested in getting one, there's no need to register. It's just an interest thread, so we can get a count of how many people will order them, and just to show who's interested. It's less of a statistical yes/no sort of vote. In fact, maybe the board should be hacked to just run a counter of who wants it.
 

·
.308
Joined
·
863 Posts
i just noticed. the tsx has one; why can't we? and yes, the tsx also has an aem and injen application too, so that arguement is invalidated.

i seriously want something decent, no risk of hydrolock (yeah, even living in southern cali..... and working at a lake) blah blah blah. are they gonna be reading the gen7 thread, or do we need to email them?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,075 Posts
i am sure comptech will release one once the 2006 models arrive
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top