Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an email I sent in response to a reply from Comptech, I hope it does some good:


Attention: Please forward this email to Comptech's senior management, thank you.

Dear Sirs,

I own a 2004 V6 6Speed Accord coupe. I believe you should reconsider your plans and start development of a supercharger package for this car.

I will try to explain why, I bought the Accord for a fun commuter and have been slowly upgrading the cars performance. I have close to $4,000 in parts and labor invested in my car at this time and after hearing about your supercharger for the TL I am now looking forward to purchasing a kit for my car. I have the funds to do so.

I also believe, while the TL is a great car and yes, the income of the average TL owner can afford to buy your supercharger I do not believe the majority of them are "high performance enthusiast". In fact I believe they will buy them more for the luxury and quality, with performance not being the deciding factor. In fact, I plan on buying a TL - for my wife, which I of course will drive on the weekends. I do not plan on upgrading this car.

On the other hand the 7th generation V6 Accord model is now three years old and with the warrantee up and the leased cars being returned, the cars will start to be bought up by an entire new group of young performance minded people that will be looking for more power, just check the online forums, such as:

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65

If you do build the supercharger, not only will this new generation of Accord owners purchase your kit, but a large group of existing Accord owners will now also have the chance to give their cars a large dose of horsepower to make there cars feel new again.

Also, I can't understand why, if you already have the charger developed for the TL, how much more work will it take to extend the development for the Accord? Please note that I am a mechanical engineer for a Medical company that develops high precision robots and pumps and realize the tremendous cost and man power it takes to complete a project such as this but I feel your rewards would be three fold if you include the Accord in this project.

I urge you to reconsider your position of a supercharger package for the 7th generation V6 Accord and please add this car into your development plans. I believe you will be very pleased with the response you will receive.

I thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Brad Petre
Design Engineer
 

·
Just a Regular Member now
Joined
·
963 Posts
I can tell you their response. It's No. V6P have talked, pleaded and begged them to do the SC, but no dice. Their sales of SC for 6th gen accords didn't justify their R&D cost of making them so they have no plans to do it for the 7th Gens. In fact, they are very close to stop all production on the 6th gen SC as well since they have so many sitting on the shelves gathering dust.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's just the way this industry is. Our Accords just get no love simply we don't buy as much as the other car owners.

Dizzy
 

·
_
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
very good write up. when did you write that up? jerks. that is totally a great point.....how many tl owners are gunna go buy a s/c? 2 maybe? our car is where it's at. we have people waiting for this. yeah, let us know when they respond.

maybe we should start a petition.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
0430Steve said:
very good write up. when did you write that up? jerks. that is totally a great point.....how many tl owners are gunna go buy a s/c? 2 maybe? our car is where it's at. we have people waiting for this. yeah, let us know when they respond.

maybe we should start a petition.

Thanks, I wrote that up this morning.
 

·
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6
Joined
·
3,407 Posts
Dizzy said:
I can tell you their response. It's No. V6P have talked, pleaded and begged them to do the SC, but no dice. Their sales of SC for 6th gen accords didn't justify their R&D cost of making them so they have no plans to do it for the 7th Gens. In fact, they are very close to stop all production on the 6th gen SC as well since they have so many sitting on the shelves gathering dust.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's just the way this industry is. Our Accords just get no love simply we don't buy as much as the other car owners.

Dizzy
Wow, ending production of the 6th gen S/C too?
 

·
Just a Regular Member now
Joined
·
963 Posts
Don't worry, if and when they do decide to end the 6th gen S/C, V6P will be one of the first companies offering it to our members at an affordable price. Anything we can do to help Comptech "unload" all these SC's that no one wants :)

STS Turbo: We stopped all efforts to get this made. however, after reading an article at SEMA IAS at AC this past weekend about how great the STS Turbo was for a GTO, we might reconsider approaching STS Turbo to try to do one for the Accord. Here's the article:

http://i.b5z.net/i/u/1473169/f/Press/stspes.pdf

Here's the catch, they will need a test car from V6P and that member has to be willing to help pay for the "custom work" I'll post up the article as soon as I can find it.
I really believe their concept works. It even won last years GM's Design Award.

Here's a list of all the magazine articles talking about them!
http://www.ststurbo.com/magazine_articles


Dizzy
 

·
Guest User 466
Joined
·
480 Posts
^
i hope they dont shut down the 6th gen s/c soon!!
i wanna get it but not yet. wanna build up the na first
but if vp6 will buy them then hell yeah!!
no worries
 

·
_
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
tw02av6 said:
^
i hope they dont shut down the 6th gen s/c soon!!
i wanna get it but not yet. wanna build up the na first
but if vp6 will buy them then hell yeah!!
no worries
why build up for n/a if you are going to s/c?
 

·
Guest User 466
Joined
·
480 Posts
wanting to get 220whp and then s/c it
i'll be doing the j32a2 frankenstein setup like serge so it wont be bad.
the cr will be good for 8-9 psi of boost
 

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong...didn't Comptech develop a s/c for the Acura CL-S 6-speed? I vaguely remember reading something about it in one of the magazines and although the s/c produced gobs amount of power, it wasn't practical because the car was only a couple of a tenths of a second faster than stock. Plus I think there were some torque steer and tranny issues too. Why spend $4K to only make the car 2 tenths faster? Is that why Comptech won't make it? If someone knows about that article please post a link.

So...because they couldn't sell enough s/c's for the 6th gen, that was their decision to stop making them? What they should do is make a few s/c's for the 7th gen and see what kind of response they get. I have the funds and will buy that thing immediately.

But anyway...nice letter Brad. Maybe we can use it as a form letter and change a couple of things in the body of the letter that pertain to us individually (like what work we do) and send it to Comptech. :D
 

·
Just a Regular Member now
Joined
·
963 Posts
Well...those of us from superhonda way back to 98, then to accordv6.com and then v6p.net were the ones we emailed them constantly about the 6th gen that help them in their decision to make it for us. So, yes, maybe everyone should cut and paste Brad's letter and modify it and then email Comptech.

I'm sure they'll notice a few hundred emails flooding their box :)

Dizzy
 

·
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6
Joined
·
3,407 Posts
flyvtec said:
Correct me if I'm wrong...didn't Comptech develop a s/c for the Acura CL-S 6-speed? I vaguely remember reading something about it in one of the magazines and although the s/c produced gobs amount of power, it wasn't practical because the car was only a couple of a tenths of a second faster than stock. Plus I think there were some torque steer and tranny issues too. Why spend $4K to only make the car 2 tenths faster? Is that why Comptech won't make it? If someone knows about that article please post a link.

So...because they couldn't sell enough s/c's for the 6th gen, that was their decision to stop making them? What they should do is make a few s/c's for the 7th gen and see what kind of response they get. I have the funds and will buy that thing immediately.

But anyway...nice letter Brad. Maybe we can use it as a form letter and change a couple of things in the body of the letter that pertain to us individually (like what work we do) and send it to Comptech. :D
Making the kit is not the expensive part. It's the R&D part is what cost them the most. If they're going to make a few kits, they might as well make a bunch. Material isn't expensive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dizzy said:
Well...those of us from superhonda way back to 98, then to accordv6.com and then v6p.net were the ones we emailed them constantly about the 6th gen that help them in their decision to make it for us. So, yes, maybe everyone should cut and paste Brad's letter and modify it and then email Comptech.

I'm sure they'll notice a few hundred emails flooding their box :)

Dizzy

Dizzy and Flyvtec,

I feel very honored you would even consider my letter as a template for persuading Comptech to release a Supercharger for us, and If it helps at all I would be extremely pleased, and hopefully soon...very fast...

Thank you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
why donsnt everyone that wants the Supercharger talk with comptech with a prepaid deal, prepay how many orders it takes them to break even to desgin the supercharger, im sure theres more then eough ppl on here that want it and ahve the money to do so, just a suggestion.
 

·
Guest User 466
Joined
·
480 Posts
now i know i'll get flamed on this but!!
i'm hoping they dont make s/c for the 7th gen :hide:
and i have a legit reason too.
u 7th gen will rape and kill us 6th gen. u have more then enought power then us. at least with the s.c we have a chance to race the 7th gen. without the s/c we are screwed!!
lol


:D
hope no one yells at me!!
I LOVE HONDA!!
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Are there any extraordinary technical obstacles to making a S/C for the 7th gen that are not present in the TL?

I thought about the drive by wire throttle, but the TL must surely have it too.


I can understand their apprehension for developing a S/C for the 7th gen since the 6th gen didn't do so well, but the 6th gen didn't have the 240 hp 6-speed. Someone that wanted to buy a fast car might buy a 6MT instead of another sporty car, but they would never consider any 6th gen Accord. I myself was looking to get out of my 6th gen sedan into something sporty and fast, the last thing I considered was another Accord, but the Accord 6MT was the perfect car for me. The 6MT opens up the Accord option to a whole lot of people that wouldn't have considered one before.
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top