Accord V6 Forum banner

Comtech Exhaust Users

2K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  THERUIZFAMILY 
#1 ·
I am planning on getting the comptech exhaust with in the next couple days... so i need reviews quick!!! just... if you have comptech exhaust... just tell me what you think about it... :D :rolleye2: :)

#2 ·
I've had mine for about a month, and I absolutly LOVE it. The sound is deep, yet not very loud. Not to mention that Comptechs dynograph claims about 13 wheel horsepower just from a simple catback. The power difference is noticed immediatly after VTEC kicks in, and what a great sound it makes!

Comptech is definelty a thumbs up, and it truly stands second to NO ONE.

#3 ·
i totally agree i was scared at first because i didnt want an exhaust that sounds like all those civics your running around but it sounds great deep note that is louder than stock but not abnoxious

#4 ·
I love my Comptech. It growls nicely at idle, and sreams at wide open throttle. It does drone a little at about 2K rpm. It is not too loud but just loud enough. My only complaint is that the tips are hidden under the rear lip kit (honda oem). Hardtopguy.com is supposed to get me new cans with larger tips that are slightly longer. Comptech is awesome. Good luck with yours. I have a few pics in my gallery.

#5 ·
I agree totally. I was terrified to spend so much.. but now
I :bowdown: to comptech exhaust..

it rocks.. it's pricey but you will be very happy once you have it. The sound is aggressive when you want it to be and mellow when cruising.. I have pics in my gallery as well.. Oh, in my humble opinion, i also think it Looks the best of all the options out there.. but thas just me :D
Good Luck!

lata, joey

#6 ·
I've had the Comptech exhaust since 7Feb05 (approx 2K miles driven) and I've got nothing but great things to say about it! It is the best sounding exhaust from idle to redline that I've heard with the stock intake. It is expensive...but worth every penny in my book. I'm going to do a baseline dyno on my car on Wednesday afternoon so I'm curious to find out what kind of numbers I'll get.

This is a badazz exhaust system!!!! :D

#8 ·
kramer2k said:
Hey fly, are you going to be getting a CAI anytime?
Wassup kramer...the CAI isn't a high priority for me right now. I'm curious to see what kind of dyno numbers I get with the Comptech exhaust before I move on to the engine mods. If anything...I'm saving $$$$ for the supercharger if and when it comes out! :(

Do you have a CAI in your ride?

#9 ·
flyvtec said:
Wassup kramer...the CAI isn't a high priority for me right now. I'm curious to see what kind of dyno numbers I get with the Comptech exhaust before I move on to the engine mods. If anything...I'm saving $$$$ for the supercharger if and when it comes out! :(

Do you have a CAI in your ride?
Yeah, that was my first mod. It built some confidence having been my first ever mod to a car. Previous cars were pieces of SHAT. I assumed a CAI was the first mod most people do, but not you and your clean ass ride. Keep it up though, yours is one of my personal favorites. :up2:

#13 ·
kramer2k said:
Yeah, that was my first mod. It built some confidence having been my first ever mod to a car. Previous cars were pieces of SHAT. I assumed a CAI was the first mod most people do, but not you and your clean ass ride. Keep it up though, yours is one of my personal favorites. :up2:
Thanks for the props man! :D

Well...I got my baseline dyno done today at JBA Racing Performance Center in San Diego. Did 2 runs using Dyno Dynamics Dynamometer, 4th gear, no fans, 57 deg F, 91 octane...

1st run (TCS ON):

216.4 whp @ 6524 rpms
184.0 trq @ 3987 rpms

2nd run (TCS ON):

216.8 whp @6452 rpms
187.0 trq @ 3987 rpms

According to the dyno tech, there is a 17% parasitic loss to the wheels for the 6 speeds...so he told me that my flywheel hp (fwhp) is:

216/.83 = 260 fwhp
187/.83 = 225 trq (do you use the same denominator for torque?)

Stock numbers advertised are 240 hp/212 tq for the V6.

Bottom line? With the dyno used above, this proves that the Comptech exhaust not only sounds good but also gives our cars a decent gain in power. :D

Now that I have a baseline number to work with...should I get the Injen RD or AEM V2 CAI? Or wait for the Comptech S/C? :confused:

#14 ·
macboi said:
how much is it?
I paid $1100 including install. Yup...we are talking high end exhaust here!

Check out my dyno vids! Dam...I thought my car was gonna explode!!!! :(

But man...the exhausts really shine here...just a friggin beautiful sound! Sounds like a jet taking off!!!! :D

http://salominojr.neptune.com/

password: comptechvid

These are MP4 vids. I hope you can open them.

#15 ·
flyvtec said:
Thanks for the props man! :D

Well...I got my baseline dyno done today at JBA Racing Performance Center in San Diego. Did 2 runs using Dyno Dynamics Dynamometer, 4th gear, no fans, 57 deg F, 91 octane...

1st run (TCS ON):

216.4 whp @ 6524 rpms
184.0 trq @ 3987 rpms

2nd run (TCS ON):

216.8 whp @6452 rpms
187.0 trq @ 3987 rpms

According to the dyno tech, there is a 17% parasitic loss to the wheels for the 6 speeds...so he told me that my flywheel hp (fwhp) is:

216/.83 = 260 fwhp
187/.83 = 225 trq (do you use the same denominator for torque?)

Stock numbers advertised are 240 hp/212 tq for the V6.

Bottom line? With the dyno used above, this proves that the Comptech exhaust not only sounds good but also gives our cars a decent gain in power. :D

Now that I have a baseline number to work with...should I get the Injen RD or AEM V2 CAI? Or wait for the Comptech S/C? :confused:
wow nice numbers =) That's great!

I think you should wait for the comptech s/c or at least the comptech icebox =)

#17 ·
flyvtec said:
I paid $1100 including install. Yup...we are talking high end exhaust here!

Check out my dyno vids! Dam...I thought my car was gonna explode!!!! :(

But man...the exhausts really shine here...just a friggin beautiful sound! Sounds like a jet taking off!!!! :D

http://salominojr.neptune.com/

password: comptechvid

These are MP4 vids. I hope you can open them.
I believe the most expensive one I have seen :eek:

#18 ·
#20 ·
I got my Greddy Evo cat-back for $790 shipped :D

#22 ·
i think all aftermarket exhausts will look fine if you don't have the rear skirt. but i've seen some pics of exhausts with the skirt on (evo, comptech, borla) and the tips are partially hidden by the skirt. search around for pics. there are many of them in this forum.

#23 ·
Hey guys, Check out the pics in my gallery. I have the Comptech cat-back... I love it! However, The tips are definately hidden by the OEM rear aero skirt. I am trying to work with Hardtopguy.com to come up w/ a solution w/ Comptech. The tips need to be about 3 inches longer if you have the rear skirt. If you don't they will look AWESOME. But, I don't want to lose the rear skirt. I may just have them extended by a local exhaust shop. PM me if you need any help or more pics, I can e-mail a bund. ~Scott

#24 ·
orange5814 said:
Hey guys, Check out the pics in my gallery. I have the Comptech cat-back... I love it! However, The tips are definately hidden by the OEM rear aero skirt. I am trying to work with Hardtopguy.com to come up w/ a solution w/ Comptech. The tips need to be about 3 inches longer if you have the rear skirt. If you don't they will look AWESOME. But, I don't want to lose the rear skirt. I may just have them extended by a local exhaust shop. PM me if you need any help or more pics, I can e-mail a bund. ~Scott
They look fine to me. Why would you want to mess with the exhaust in the first place? If it performs and sounds as good as you claim, then why would you want to extend the tips 3 inches just for looks? All thats gonna do is cost you unnecesary amounts of $$$, and when it comes to modding cars, the only thing your spent money should be doing is making your car faster.

In my opinion, i think it your car looks great, and you shouldnt f*ck with it.

#25 ·
ComptechAccord4 said:
when it comes to modding cars, the only thing your spent money should be doing is making your car faster
That doesn't apply to everyone :rolleye2: A 12 second Ferrari 360 will ALWAYS be greater than an 11 second Honda CRX. In my opinion, I completely agree with orange. Having the tip flush with the kit would make a big difference. And it won't cost much at your local muffler shop.

#26 ·
o0amazinazn0o said:
i ordered mine already... coming in sumtime this up coming week... paid $975 installed... i got the c-style body kit so i hope this exhaust is a lil bit longer then stock..
hey can i get your stock exhaust? lemme kno thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.