Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
Why not just get the Comptech for the V6 like I did? Are you getting a good deal on some TSX Comptechs? I don't think they will fit on the V6.
 

·
Eccenpix
Joined
·
1,862 Posts
OwAce said:
the tsx exhaust fits on the 4 cylinder 7th gen.
Are you sure about that? Any source?
Because from what I know, it does not fit w/o minor modification. :confused:
 

·
indoctidiscant
Joined
·
3,790 Posts
Eccen said:
Are you sure about that? Any source?
Because from what I know, it does not fit w/o minor modification. :confused:
itai (iobidder) on bwimports has done it. i couldnt tell you if he did or not get it modified to fit.
 

·
From J30A to 4g63
Joined
·
753 Posts
flyvtec said:
Why not just get the Comptech for the V6 like I did? Are you getting a good deal on some TSX Comptechs? I don't think they will fit on the V6.
Flyvtec, where did you purchase your comptech duals from? And how much with shipping. I heard they dyno at 8Whp. Im looking at them to buy. But i saw 950 plus shipping? Damn
Thanks
Jarek
 

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
0Tolerance said:
Flyvtec, where did you purchase your comptech duals from? And how much with shipping. I heard they dyno at 8Whp. Im looking at them to buy. But i saw 950 plus shipping? Damn
Thanks
Jarek
I got mine from ebay and shipping was $19. I paid a total of $1100 including install.

Here is the link but he is on vacation right now so his listings are in hibernation.

http://stores.ebay.com/Acura-of-Escondido-Parts

I dyno'd at 216whp/187wtq with stock intake and the Comptech exhaust. So 8whp with the Comptech is probably close.

They are very expensive but I love them because they look and sound great! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Comptech is pretty expensive. I mean its good quality, but the power difference between lets say comptech and borla isn't gonna be much if any. Greddy is also good to, they cost around 750+ shipping so its 200 bucks cheaper then the comptech, but if you have the money go for it. Im conservative with my money so I try to get the best bang for the buck.
 

·
From J30A to 4g63
Joined
·
753 Posts
TEK_03AV6 said:
Comptech is pretty expensive. I mean its good quality, but the power difference between lets say comptech and borla isn't gonna be much if any. Greddy is also good to, they cost around 750+ shipping so its 200 bucks cheaper then the comptech, but if you have the money go for it. Im conservative with my money so I try to get the best bang for the buck.
I dunno, $950 + ship for comptech is steep for only 8whp you know? So what are you paying for? Looks? At that price they should do alot better than 8whp, IMO. Any other systems out there that can do better dyno or the same but for less?
 

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
Exhaust isn't really going to give you a lot of hp for our cars. Based on what the dyno guy told me, we lose approx 17% at the wheels with the manual tranny. So I'm thinking...using 17%...I calculate the following:

Stock V6 240hp/212tq.

HP: 240hp x 83% = 199whp
TQ: 212tq x 83% = 176wtq

With stock intake and Comptech exhaust I dyno'd 216whp/187wtq.

So does this mean I got 17whp/11wtq just with Comptech exhaust? I dunno...is 17% a good number?

If you don't want to spend $1K for exhaust...then the Comptech's aren't for you. I bought my exhaust because I didn't want Borla or GReddy or Tanabe and I had the money to spend for Comptechs. My decision was not based on how much whp I would get out of the exhaust. It was based on looks and quality of workmanship and Comptech's reputation for making good stuff for our Hondas/Acuras. The beautiful sound that comes out of the exhaust is just icing on the cake.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the exhaust available for our cars because I'm sure they are all good...it's really up to the buyer how they want to spend their $$$$.
 

·
From J30A to 4g63
Joined
·
753 Posts
Nice writeup, Ill see what kind of $$ i can come up with, but the numbers you show maybe it would be worth the extra bucks. Thanks for the info. Ill decide soon, and post what i got.
 

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
Joined
·
3,545 Posts
flyvtec said:
Exhaust isn't really going to give you a lot of hp for our cars. Based on what the dyno guy told me, we lose approx 17% at the wheels with the manual tranny. So I'm thinking...using 17%...I calculate the following:

Stock V6 240hp/212tq.

HP: 240hp x 83% = 199whp
TQ: 212tq x 83% = 176wtq

With stock intake and Comptech exhaust I dyno'd 216whp/187wtq.

So does this mean I got 17whp/11wtq just with Comptech exhaust? I dunno...is 17% a good number?
One - Are (or were you) using premium fuel when you had it dyno'ed? If so, then the base numbers should be 250/222 instead of 240/212.

Two - 17% may be a little strong. Most of the info I've read on Honda manual trannys puts the losses at closer to 15%.

Cause, imo, I just don't see an exhaust adding 17 whp. :gotme:

My $0.02.
 

·
From J30A to 4g63
Joined
·
753 Posts
03LXV6Guy said:
One - Are (or were you) using premium fuel when you had it dyno'ed? If so, then the base numbers should be 250/222 instead of 240/212.

Two - 17% may be a little strong. Most of the info I've read on Honda manual trannys puts the losses at closer to 15%.

Cause, imo, I just don't see an exhaust adding 17 whp. :gotme:

My $0.02.[/QUOTE
Either way 17whp or 8whp, comptech exhaust is pricey, and since there is no other mods avail to add hp, adding exhaust with my cai, is only the option i have. No f/i or s/c so droppin the 950 on exhaust is gonna have to do for now to add something in power terms.
 

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
Well, I was just quoting the 17% based on what the dyno guy told me and since I have no other way of knowing what the parasitic losses actually are for our manual trannies, I used his number.

I only use 91 octane on my car.

Here is the link to Comptech's dyno on the 6-speed Coupes with stock intake and Comptech exhaust. They were able to get a 17whp and 14wtq. So it looks like I was pretty close to their numbers.

The dyno hyperlink is on the bottom left corner of the website:

http://www.comptechusa.com/store/product135.html
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top