Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help....

This is my situation... I have blown all 4 of my shocks (not to stupidity) but over wear and tear for 180 000KM....

anyways.. i m looking at some shocks and springs and some of them say EXCLUDE VTEC and some have specific MODels for our V6 5th gen accord... now i m sooo LOST!!!

These are the setups i m thinking of

1. Stock Spring + KYB GR2
2. Teins H tech + Tokico Blue
3. Eibach Pro Kit + Tokico Blue

what do you guys think.. do u guys have this set up?? and other recommendations... and yes.. i know koni yellow is the best.. but i m on a tight budget

i m looking at about 650CDN installed.. so that means for parts.. i m thinking about 530cdn$ i m spending

in relation to usD... then i think its about 520$usd installed or 420$ just for parts..

thanks alot

·
Registered
86 Posts
on my accord i just went with the kyb agx and eibach pro-kit all the way around because i needed to keep the ride comfortable and sporty. i have the shocks adjusted for comfort but i have tried to put them on high adjustment, meaning firm. Maaaan what a difference, i think adjustable shocks are the way to go.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much $ is AGX compared to Tokico Blues...

i think AGX's are about 600$cdn and Blues are about 400$cdn

·
Registered
86 Posts
ruffyruff said:
how much $ is AGX compared to Tokico Blues...

i think AGX's are about 600$cdn and Blues are about 400$cdn

i bought my agx's from a store on ebay and i paid about 320, shipping included. as for the springs, i paid about 220, shipping included. so that brings me to a total of 540, which is not bad at all. ebay is the way to go. don't forget to change all of your rubber mounts and other stuff, its better to change them now and not worry about them than have to take them off later and redo everything. i have the energy suspension kit up front and i ordered the normal rubber mounts for the back from the dealer. good luck. :up2:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow... AGX for 320?? thats very good price??

how much would hte rubber mounts and other stuff cost??

like miscellanous stuff cost??

cuz for me.. in toronto, installation is 120$

blue is 400cdn$
springs are about 250
install is 120

that means 770$ .. how much is the miscellanous stuff??

thanks alot bash for helping me out

·
Registered
105 Posts
I get my dropzone shocks in tomorrow. Dont know what time its gonna get delivered.

Dropzone shocks + Tenzo type-R coilovers = ??

Shocks: $209 shipped coilovers: $130 shipped

I actually got the coilovers for free.. my homeboy sold his accord and had no use for them cause he never had the time to get it installed. So all in all I spent $209 on my suspension.

im thinking about buying a camber kit on ebay for $65 shipped. Thats for the front and some washers for the rear.

I will let all know how my car rides as soon as I install the shocks tomorrow.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
somehow.. i cannot buy stuff from ebay... i still dont trust them..

thanks alot guys on your input...

have anyone used Blues on 1.25 to 1.5 drop? and do u feel the shock is too weak for this application??

·
Registered
86 Posts
ebay is not that bad if you deal with stores that have 3 things: 1) brand new items only, no refurbs, 2) high feedback rating with very low or no negatives, and 3) a reasonable or good price. i have to be honest and say that i have had problems in the past with maybe 3 ebay purchases out of 4 years of buying. other than that i save alot of money and i make alot of money by buying stuff for people who don't deal with ebay and selling it to them. give it a shot, just look for the 3 things i listed and you should be ok.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Bash is right. If you follow those guidelines you should be ok.

Ebay is a risk even with those guidelines. but so is buying from a store. There just needs to be some common sense involved. If they have alot of neg feedback then i wouldnt even think of buying from seller. Just read what other people have to say about the seller. I only buy from stores on ebay for important things like my lights and cambers and gauges. But I am still willing to take a risk to buy an item from some guy on ebay just as long as the price is right. Just think about it... If you bid at something at a low price and you win.. wont that make you feel happy knowing that you paid soo little compared to the actual cost of it. It wouldnt matter that you bought it from some guy anymore. you would be soo impressed of yourself for taking a leap of faith.

So in other words.. Its just mainly common sense. The risk of saving money is to shop on ebay. Now, if you have money to spend.. then buy from other places. Just remember.. ebay=more $$ in your pocket.

IMO, buy from stores on ebay.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OHHH.. thanks for you input.. i have found that AGX and H&R's are hte cheapest on the ebay market .. everything else seems quite expensive...

but main problem is about the duty and taxes =(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts