Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
haha just to let yall know the only time i had to put my spare on, was when my tire was slashed by a light pole i ran over. so fix a flat or whatever wouldnt have worked.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also had the same things happen once, so it wouldn't have helped with that. I completely agree it's not going to deal with those type issues, but it's a whole lot lighter and is better than nothing at all. ;-)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One problem I see now is where to put it. I placed it in the spare tire well, but had to duct tape it so it wouldn't move!

·
Registered
882 Posts
isn't it kinda sad that we consider this a performance mod? *sigh*.

·
Registered
236 Posts
This looks good but cost $75. I wanted to ditch my spare as well so I just ordered the Inflate 'n Seal which I think does the same thing but cost less than $20. I dunno, the Conticomfort kit looks better built, but I figure the Inflate 'n Seal will work just as good to seal my tire.

http://www.id-usa.com/product.asp?CID=15&PID=51

·
Registered
352 Posts
Isn't injecting gunk into your tire going to throw off your tire balance? And isn't it going to make a mess for the unlucky sap that is going to have to clean it all up your wheel when you need to change rubber?

J

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jinx32 said:
Isn't injecting gunk into your tire going to throw off your tire balance? And isn't it going to make a mess for the unlucky sap that is going to have to clean it all up your wheel when you need to change rubber?

J
It's for temporary use only. You need to get the tire replace as soon as you can.

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
I have USAA insurance which gives me free towing flat bed and a free fill up for gas if needed.

I dont have a spare in my car unless i am driving more then 80 miles from my home.

Dont you guys have road side assistance on your car?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts