Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys..
i recently bought the mesh and planning to change the upper grill (honda emblem) first. i have NO clue how i could fix the grill in place, any ideas?! grill craft has done somethin realli neat but nto possible for me to do and i assume thas y they cahrge 140 for a small piece where i bought a HUGEE piece for 40.
here is the pic:

if u pay close attention, there is a mounting bracket there which is pretty neat! u just drill a hole in the bumber and u're set to go...
so any ideas?!
Thanks a lot..

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well 95 is too much too, comparing to 40 for both UP and lower grillz.
where is the link to it anyway, i searched their site in and out, can't find it!
thanks

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks a lot man..
wut about other ppl who tried doing it themselves.. any advise from u guys?!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
be patient when u cut the mesh, also look for the rubber lining at home depot or something like that that u can line up so the edges of the mesh don't scratch your car

·
863 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
damn that sucks...i would buy it..im not too worried about the painting...the money is a lil steep but hey if it looks nice why not...number 4 n 5 stop me from buying it

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aite well.. u know wut guys, realistically you'd have to end up putting a whole through ur bumper if u wanna do a quality job (as you could see in the picture i attached to my first post)
so ye.. but aside from everything.. my REAL issue is the actual DIY .. i mean, the idea of rubber lining.. cool cool stuff! but wut i realli need to know is HOW to install the mesh?! my friend was saying maybe i should cut the shape of the grill thas OEM on with about 5-6 inches EXTRA on top of it. Then i just stock that extra 5-6 inches under the hood and bend the mesh from there to get the style that way i wouldn't need to drill a whole in the bumper.
The second idea proposed by another friend was to cut the front of the OEM grill so that i could use the plastic part of the OEM grill and use some black screws with wide ends to screw the mesh into the plastic part of the OEM grill....
did i explain them well or wut?!
wut do u guys think??!

·
Registered
231 Posts
clubbinto said:
The second idea proposed by another friend was to cut the front of the OEM grill so that i could use the plastic part of the OEM grill and use some black screws with wide ends to screw the mesh into the plastic part of the OEM grill....
did i explain them well or wut?!
wut do u guys think??!

exactly wat ima do...just bought an extra oem sedan black grill of ebay...some how gonna cut the thingy that holds the h emblem on it and just buy black mesh...put it together and prolly paint it

·
Registered
565 Posts
The Grillcraft grill uses metal tabs that are drilled into the bumper. Easy install and I think it looks decent.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
madaccord said:
be patient when u cut the mesh, also look for the rubber lining at home depot or something like that that u can line up so the edges of the mesh don't scratch your car
is there a particular department at home depot to get this rubber lining??

·
Registered
565 Posts
MysterGoode said:
I think that looks corny... The lower grill would look good though.
:) to each their own. Here is another pic showing both.

·
I ♥ My Honda
1,891 Posts
04Punisher said:
is there a particular department at home depot to get this rubber lining??

hardware... its basically weather stripping.

i work at home depot in hardware .... whoohoo. lol

·
I ♥ My Honda
1,891 Posts
i dont like the circle style... diamond looks better.

For rust prevention all you need to do is coat it with some rustoleum and your good to go. if you want to keep that polished look you can spray it with some rustoleum clear coat or black if you want black.

IMO black also looks the cleanest.

·
"Keep It Sleazy"
531 Posts
that silver car with silver grill looks hot.Is it mounted behind the opening on the bottom and the top.I have both my grills mounted behind and looks cool.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts