Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as with a couple of you Pala mis-shifted and wipped out all of his exhaust valves, so he contacted me to build him a set of heads. Luckily I keep an extra set of heads around for such occasions . Now what we did differently here is of course ported the intake side and put in TL-S cams, but he decided to get TL-S springs as well. After analyzing them in comparison to the stock AV6 springs, this was probably a good move. The TL-S intake springs only have a 5lb higher spring pressure than the AV6 intake springs, but the TL-S exhaust springs are 17lbs heavier than the stock AV6 springs, this gives a decent shot of not destroying the exhaust valves during a mis shift, it is not as much a difference as the 32lb difference with the SS springs I have been using in my more extream builds, but might be just enough to snap the vales back fast enough in a 8500RPM mis-shift.

Pala, the other head will be done today and should be shipping them out tomorrow.

·
Adventure is out there!
2,941 Posts
misshift up to 8500? wow wished i would have had this when i bent my valves a long time ago..

oh and what are the springs from the kms good up to? (misshift wise, not that i want to even think about happening with my motor, but you get the idea:p)

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
misshift up to 8500? wow wished i would have had this when i bent my valves a long time ago..

oh and what are the springs from the kms good up to? (misshift wise, not that i want to even think about happening with my motor, but you get the idea:p)
According to KMS the valvetrain is good to 9K+.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
More headwork. Greatness.

·
Registered
20 Posts
TL-S Spring Cost through AcuraOEMParts

14761-RJA-003 SPRING, IN. VALVE (BROWN) (NIPPON HATSUJO) 12 $5.52 $66.24
14762-RJA-003 SPRING, EX. VALVE (BLUE) (NIPPON HATSUJO) 12 $6.14 $73.68
Subtotal $139.92
Shipping Charge [Shipping Charge may vary with package size / weight] $8.40
Handling Charge $3.95
Sales Tax $0.00
Total $152.27

·
Registered
20 Posts
TL-S Cams - Cost through AcuraOEMParts

14100-RDB-A00 CAMSHAFT, FR. 1 $149.52 $149.52
14200-RDB-A00 CAMSHAFT, RR. 1 $149.52 $149.52
Subtotal $299.04
Shipping Charge [Shipping Charge may vary with package size / weight] $17.94
Handling Charge $3.95
Sales Tax $0.00
Total $320.93

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, Pala, I may have to delay shipping to you, one of the cams you got has more surface rust on it than I like to see, I am first going to try to go thru my guy at OEMAcuraParts.com to get a replacement ASAP, if that fails we will have to deal with Delray to get a replacement, but my place has always done good by me, LOL, another one of my customers just dropped about $1800 on them for his NA J37 build for his 03 CL-S.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got off the phone with Lee at OEMAcuraParts.com, they actually had one in stock (LOL, I guess we have been ordering enough of them that they are now a stocked item.) and is shipping it out today so I should see it in a couple days and get your heads out the next day to you.

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
lee is good people. lance will take care of you too he did all the orders for my build.

those springs are not a bad price for an 8500 rpm insurance policy

·
S/C'd 3.5L TL
79 Posts
damn, when i redid my heads year with typeS cams I could only get one typeS intake spring cuz that was all that was in stock in the entire country. i had my machinist measure spring pressure on it and it was around 3lbs stiffer from what i remember. i Wish i knew that about the exhaust springs...i just assumed they'd be the same...

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Well, Pala, I may have to delay shipping to you, one of the cams you got has more surface rust on it than I like to see, I am first going to try to go thru my guy at OEMAcuraParts.com to get a replacement ASAP, if that fails we will have to deal with Delray to get a replacement, but my place has always done good by me, LOL, another one of my customers just dropped about $1800 on them for his NA J37 build for his 03 CL-S.
Damn it, I want a J37.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got off the phone with Lee at OEMAcuraParts.com, they actually had one in stock (LOL, I guess we have been ordering enough of them that they are now a stocked item.) and is shipping it out today so I should see it in a couple days and get your heads out the next day to you.
Thanks Paul for taking care of that. I thought the same thing when I took a peek at them but that's how they were shipped to me.

·
hmmm what next?
2,785 Posts
looking great paul i am soo to be purchasing j35 heads for the av6 and i am going to be porting them as well we will just have to see who does a better job which i am sure i will lose but i am also a perfectionist so we will have to see.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts