Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had this issue with the Ingalls camber kit?

If you don't see the issue... Here's a clearer pic...

The wide spacers are suppose to be on one, and the short spacers on the other. As you can see, I got two left handed short spacers and two right handed wide spacers.

I'm planning on returning this kit. It was only the one kit that had the issue. The other kit is good and on the car.

Anyhow, lemme know if anyone has had this issue...

Sal

·
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel
6,808 Posts
its funny kinda off topic but problem with same produc..t cause my bro just got his installed and went to alignment shop and they told him it the wrong camber kit.. supposively they didnt wanna touch it or something in terms of they wont be able to adjust the camber to factory specs...

1,221 Posts
i'm not sure... but can't you take off the circle part and put it on the other rod? cuz when i got my ingalls rear camber kit, it came all apart and the shop that installed it, put the camber kit together...

here's a pic of how i got mine:

·
Adventure is out there!
2,941 Posts
im having a problem also but not with that, for some reason on my ingalls, the camber links with the silver nuts don't screw into the short and long pipes. Any one have this problem??? I need some help!

·
Registered
394 Posts
littletruong said:
im having a problem also but not with that, for some reason on my ingalls, the camber links with the silver nuts don't screw into the short and long pipes. Any one have this problem??? I need some help!
Yes, Thien and I actually had that problem... what we did was just take them all out from scratch and did it over again until it fit... but the key thing to know is that each bar has ONE silver end and the other has ONE black end...

Btw, the longer pole replaces the one closest to the rear of your car, I believe that is the camber..and the shorter one goes to the one closest to the front of the car, that should be the toe... unless I mixed them up, which is possible :) ... But Im sure of the order..

·
Adventure is out there!
2,941 Posts
DaRegulator said:
Yes, Thien and I actually had that problem... what we did was just take them all out from scratch and did it over again until it fit... but the key thing to know is that each bar has ONE silver end and the other has ONE black end...

Btw, the longer pole replaces the one closest to the rear of your car, I believe that is the camber..and the shorter one goes to the one closest to the front of the car, that should be the toe... unless I mixed them up, which is possible :) ... But Im sure of the order..

i tried, but for some reason...its still not working..

it seems like the thread on the two camber links with the silver nuts don't fit into the short and long tubes....I'm getting pissed!!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is why Ingalls need to assemble the kits before shipping them out so they know if they're making any mistakes.

I got mine a few days ago and installed with no problems thought.

Unfortunately looks like you'll have to return that one.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cups said:
This is why Ingalls need to assemble the kits before shipping them out so they know if they're making any mistakes.

I got mine a few days ago and installed with no problems thought.

Unfortunately looks like you'll have to return that one.
Yup that is the case unfortunetly. I e-mailed the ebay company that I bought them though, hopefully they send me one out ASAP!

Damn Ingalls! (Although don't get me wrong... AWESOME PRODUCT!)

BTW, I'm without a car til this kit comes int... :(

Sal

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE!

I called over at Ingalls Engineering and they are taking care of me 100%. Although I am paying for expedited shipping for the shipping of the good parts back to me.

Just wanted to let you guys know, if you need help with this, call Todd over at Ingalls @
1-800-641-9795

They are good people, and will get you all taken care of.

Sal

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yahookendogg said:
i got a question, do you have to install the camber kit along with the lowering springs or is it optional?
It's required unless you wanna go through like 4 sets of tires a year ;)

You NEED the rears, I was still within specs on the front. Plus, I like a little camber in the front :)

Sal

·
Registered
373 Posts
wait...whats the problem with these camber kits? i think mine came like that too, but it fit fine...each side takes 1 long and 1 short and the wide ends are the side of the rotors while the not so wide ends go on the car side... hrm... am i mistaken?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
asnstyle22 said:
wait...whats the problem with these camber kits? i think mine came like that too, but it fit fine...each side takes 1 long and 1 short and the wide ends are the side of the rotors while the not so wide ends go on the car side... hrm... am i mistaken?
You are correct. But instead of me having the wide ends on one side and the "not so wide" ends are on the other, I had them mix matched.

If you installed it the way you stated, you are correct. The long bar is closest to the rear, the short bar is closest to the front of the car.

Sal

·
Registered
394 Posts
Here are a couple of pics that might help... Im pretty sure when we took all of the screws apart, we had one wide and one short for each side...

>>DRIVER REAR<<

Notice both have ONE black and ONE silver end.

It is confirmed the longer one is the "toe" or the one closest to the back, this is the pic of the camber, which is the one closer to the front.

>>PASSANGER REAR <<

·
Registered
91 Posts
Each arm takes 1 black and 1 silver. But each takes the same size spacers (1 arm with wide spacers and 1 arm with short spacers). I think you're mixing this a bit.

Here is the diagram from the installation manual:

·
Registered
368 Posts
i know this thread is about a year old; however... by looking at the pictures, it looks like there is a total of four bars. the kit i purchased came with two bars. does this mean i need to order it again to get two more bars?

·
central Cali accords
2,747 Posts
^ I believe one is for camber adjustment and the other is for toe adjustment.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
i know this thread is about a year old; however... by looking at the pictures, it looks like there is a total of four bars. the kit i purchased came with two bars. does this mean i need to order it again to get two more bars?
The kit should have come with 4 links, two per side, if it did not then yes you are short a set.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts