Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, after many months of saving up for my SQ System, I have finally have everything to start my build. The system consists of....

Headunit: Eclipse CD5100 (soon to be Kenwood DNX8120)
Front Components: Hertz MLK165
Subwoofer: Digital Designs 3512e 12"
Front Amp: Zapco DC REF 1000.4
Sub Amp: Zapco DC REF 1100.1
Batteries: Kinetik HC1400 and HC2400
RCA's: Knukonceptz Klarity and Krystal
Wiring: Kicker 1/0awg and 12awg
Deadening: Hushmat
Extras: Stinger Isolator, Streewire 1/0awg firewall grommet, Deflex pads.

And the pics....

Headunit

Components

Subwoofer

Amplifiers

Wiring and Deadening

Installation (pics are during the install, so there will be spots that seem like i missed but I didn't)

Hushmat inside the doors

Entire door deadened

Spacer added onto door (midbass couldnt fit with spacer, hole on door had to be cut bigger)

Midbass installed

Trunklid deadened

Kinetik HC2400 installed in trunk

·
Registered
11 Posts
It looks very nice so far. The only thing I can say is that you should have went with the Metra Installation Kit which replaces the OEM radio (99-7864). I have an AVIC-N4 and I couldn't stand the look of having it in the lower pocket. The Metra 99-7864 is kind of expensive, but if you're going to invest as much money as you are in your system, you might as well spend a bit more.

·
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks very nice so far. The only thing I can say is that you should have went with the Metra Installation Kit which replaces the OEM radio (99-7864). I have an AVIC-N4 and I couldn't stand the look of having it in the lower pocket. The Metra 99-7864 is kind of expensive, but if you're going to invest as much money as you are in your system, you might as well spend a bit more.
in my opinion...

1. it looks ugly
2. it costs way too much for a kit
3. i would lose my dual climate control
4. if someone looks in ur car, they kno u have an aftermarket radio (the one i have, makes the headunit kinda hidden at the bottom)

iono thats what i think bout that metra kit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
in my opinion...

1. it looks ugly
2. it costs way too much for a kit
3. i would lose my dual climate control
4. if someone looks in ur car, they kno u have an aftermarket radio (the one i have, makes the headunit kinda hidden at the bottom)

iono thats what i think bout that metra kit.
I respect your opinion. As stated, yes, the kit is expensive ($120), and if it is necessary to lose the dual climate control's then that is quite a big concession (I have the kit, but not dual climate control so I wouldn't know).

However, I think the advantage of not having two radios installed in the car, one working and the other not working, is a big consideration, in addition, if you ever plan on upgrading to a DVD player or Navigation (I have the AVIC-N3), it would be utterly ridiculous to use the lower kit: for one thing, controling it would be a pain, and having to look down at your glovebox is also annoying. I have it and think it looks quite nice, but again that's a matter of opinion (although I have yet to have any of my friends say it's ulgy, in fact, most of them say it's "hot"):

Anyway, not to belabor the point, I think there is also a bigger issue here: that Honda went out of their way to make an integrated climate control and radio most likely intentionally to deter aftermarket installations and push people to buy factory Nav units and the like.

Don't get me wrong, I love my accord, but speaking for someone who like car audio, what Honda did with the 03-07's stereo is disappointing from such a good company.

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
looking good. i bet you had fun deadening the doors. lol. where are you planning to mount the tweets? are you planning to go active later on?

·
sittin low
1,107 Posts
yo remember me? my system is almost done too, i already installed two pair of hertz hi energy up front, and i got a 9512 dd, Kinetik HC1400, O gauge streetwire. I also have a clarion dxz585usb headunit, 6volt output :)

·
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looking good. i bet you had fun deadening the doors. lol. where are you planning to mount the tweets? are you planning to go active later on?
lol i didnt deaden the doors, my installer at the shop did, im scared to take off my doors, so i had the installer do it. the tweeters are in the factory location for now, if it doesnt sound good, ill relocate them. and im going passive, using the MLK xovers.

yo remember me? my system is almost done too, i already installed two pair of hertz hi energy up front, and i got a 9512 dd, Kinetik HC1400, O gauge streetwire. I also have a clarion dxz585usb headunit, 6volt output :)
dunno, i think i member you, thats a nice setup u got, i was gonna do the 9512 cuz the 3512 was on backorder but i wanted SQL not SPL all the way lol. are you running all that off that hc1400?

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
lol taking off the doors is the easy part. damn too bad you're not in socal or im not im texas, i want too listen to your setup.

·
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how does it sound like that, in the kick panels? imma see how my MLK's sound in the factory locations. gahh i want my sub!!!! :runaway:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Awesome system! I really like the choice of equipment and the install on the front doors looks great. Do you have any pics of the trunk setup?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts