Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Boosted
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im curious to see if i can cut the cigarette litter cord and splice it into a power/ground source..so i can hide the cord and Converter box..

has anyone done this.or have any ideas?

also like to have a switch to control on/off the converter and PS2..since they both have on/off switches on the units themselfs..
could i open them up and extend the buttons and place them at my likings?

sorry if this dosnt make any since.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Im curious to see if i can cut the cigarette litter cord and splice it into a power/ground source..so i can hide the cord and Converter box..

has anyone done this.or have any ideas?

also like to have a switch to control on/off the converter and PS2..since they both have on/off switches on the units themselfs..
could i open them up and extend the buttons and place them at my likings?

sorry if this dosnt make any since.
I have done all of the above (if i read correctly).
For power for my ps2 in the glovebox, I ran a 12V+ from the cig lighter, and ground back to a common ground behind my dash (along with stereo, cig lighter, laptop charger, etc etc).
Then put a small 75W DC/AC inverter behind the dash (and the ps2 AC/DC converter).
**Note - had to go from DC/AC/DC becuase the DC/DC converter that I had for my PS2 created a lot of electrical noise. Inefficient, but it works awesome**

As far as the power/remote.
I while I was installing the modchip, I took out the littler PCB that has the remote sensor on it. ran some wires inside the ps2 chassis, installed a headphone jack on the case, and then use the wires from a set of headphones to run the rest of the wire to the remote sensor, which is now mounted in the cubby hole in the middle (7th gen).
Now to turn on the thing, I just point the remote almost anywhere at the dash (cubby hole really) and I can control my ps2 from there. no need to open the glovebox.
I just put in my external hard drive (2.5") into the glovebox, hook it up to my ps2 and lock the thing.

**Note: I am running SMS on the ps2 - like xbmc but for the playstation**

·
Registered
380 Posts
To add, i you just want a switch on the converter (ie interrupt the power to the converter) then put a 3 -pole 2 position switch inline on the positive lead.
This will cut the power to the unit. (however, there is already control over it through the ACC ciruit, meaning that it will only run with the key in the IGN, and the switch on).

·
hmmm what next?
2,785 Posts
if you wanted to play it when the car is off you could get a battery isolator and run 2 batteries and have it on an always on circuit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts