Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a bit of a dilemma, I live in Vancouver, BC and there are two options of rims that I want to get:

1. 18x8.5 +45 Axis Hiro's in Hyper Silver ($1440 CAD before taxes)

2. HFP Silverstars ($667 USD from Ganley)

I would love to get the Axis Hiro's if only they were a little closer to the HFP's in price. Should I wait, save up, and get the Hiro's? Or should I get the HFP's which look so nice already?

Which do you guys prefer? Opinions welcome :)

·
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel
6,808 Posts
gravity call the way.. the real ones are even more insane lookin!

·
Registered
603 Posts
HIRO! those are the rims i've been eyeing down... I prefer a very clean look, and those rims do the trick.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
if you can afford the hiros, i'd vote for them. those wheels look really good on our cars.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, so far it's no contest lol :( If only they were a little less expensive I would get them right now. But nooo I think I might have to wait at least 1-2 months.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Steverino said:
Hiro's in 19.

HFPs are too small.
i agree. if they were 18's they'd look beautiful. have you considered TL A-Spec wheels? i'm sure you can find them for about the same price as those Hiro's.

·
-Brian
8,607 Posts
I ordered hiros 18'' 8.5 45mm yesterday, only to get refunded by the vendor saying that that size is not avaiable? WTF? Because it says on the axis website they make it in our size. I called axis and the guy is like we dont make 18s for the car, and I was like it doesnt matter if you make it for the accord, 5x114.3 18'' is what you make and that fits the accord!, ah I gave up and i am jus keeping the rims.

·
Registered
29 Posts
For the axis gravity, 18x8 +35 or 18x9+40 in 114 bolt pattern is the only options I've come across. I emailed wheels west for a quote and they also said gravity wouldn't fit our cars... Are there other sizes available that would be more accord friendly?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NexsoN said:
I ordered hiros 18'' 8.5 45mm yesterday, only to get refunded by the vendor saying that that size is not avaiable? WTF? Because it says on the axis website they make it in our size. I called axis and the guy is like we dont make 18s for the car, and I was like it doesnt matter if you make it for the accord, 5x114.3 18'' is what you make and that fits the accord!, ah I gave up and i am jus keeping the rims.
Is that real? I have been given quotes from local shops for the 18's and they have them in stock. Now it's just a matter of negotiating a price :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
phongtruong12 said:
i agree. if they were 18's they'd look beautiful. have you considered TL A-Spec wheels? i'm sure you can find them for about the same price as those Hiro's.
Which one's were the TL A-spec's again? I just think that if I'm going to pay over 1100, I'd get non-OEM style rims. I think I've seen them on the Coupe's and they look great, but I have a 4dr and I'm not 100% how nice it would look.

·
-Brian
8,607 Posts
freesole said:
Is that real? I have been given quotes from local shops for the 18's and they have them in stock. Now it's just a matter of negotiating a price :)
well, it is a true story, but I know they make 18's for our car. I was about to do, in fact I did as I stated before, but now I am kinda depressed about it lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts