Accord V6 Forum banner

Dension Ice Link... Can I use a sub and amp???

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Nate_6thGen 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I just installed a Dension Icelink Plus into my 2003 Accord coupe. I cant say enough good things about this setup. me question is... is there anyway that I could now hook up an amp and sub to the Dension and the factory radio??? Or is there another way that I have to do it?

Thanks guys...

#4 ·
Get the JL cleansweep or the Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.1. It's pretty much a VERY sophisticated high-to-low adapter that gives you 2 front, 2 rear, a sub and a center RCA out. It's a little expensive but it's the best way to do what you want and keep the icelink. I have the Icelink too and I would never sacrifice it.

#7 ·
Unique_V6 said:
Hey guys,

I just installed a Dension Icelink Plus into my 2003 Accord coupe. I cant say enough good things about this setup. me question is... is there anyway that I could now hook up an amp and sub to the Dension and the factory radio??? Or is there another way that I have to do it?

Thanks guys...
You need a Line Output Converter, they're available at most any car audio retailer. Its soldered onto speaker wires and gives you RCA outputs for your amp. You also need to run a remote wire from an ignition wire to turn the amp on. Everything else is exactly the same as installing an amp and sub on an aftermarket radio.

If you don't want to tap into your factory wiring and solder those connections, just take it some where. It should cost under $40.

#8 ·
Nate_6thGen said:
You need a Line Output Converter, they're available at most any car audio retailer. Its soldered onto speaker wires and gives you RCA outputs for your amp. You also need to run a remote wire from an ignition wire to turn the amp on. Everything else is exactly the same as installing an amp and sub on an aftermarket radio.

If you don't want to tap into your factory wiring and solder those connections, just take it some where. It should cost under $40.

It that all that I need to do in order to get my subs working with the Dension IceLink???

Thanks

#9 ·
#10 ·
Unique_V6 said:
Okay. I think that I found the right type of Line Output Converter on EBAY... will this work...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-CHANNEL-CAR-A...ryZ32809QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or do i need a different type? Also, it says that it splices into my factory rear speakers... will this affect the sound of my rear speakers at all?

Also... how do i run the remote wire for the amp as well?

Thanks alot...
Yeah, that should work. Won't affect the the sound from the rear speakers.

To run the remote wire you can use a fuse tap on the radio's fuse in the fuse box. The best way is to go behind the radio and solder onto the accessory wire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.