Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had to drive my brother home from work because he was too weak to drive himself home. On the ride back he was asking if I had any candy in my car because his sugar level was getting low. Usually when I do have candy in my car I tend to toss them out because they melt from the heat. I'm sure there are members who are diabetic or at least know of someone that is. Whats do you guys keep in the car that won't get affected by the heat?

·
TQ challenged
434 Posts
As far as I know anything with sugar should work fine. Try hard candies.
Failing that , make a emergency pit stop at the local store.

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
since we're in the topic... i work at a ophthalmic office....

Patient who are diabetic, not only should they get a physical exam every 6 month or year, but they go and see an eye doctor as well to have their eyes check...

Vision loss can be a serious problem if they dont have they're eyes check.. The retina can be damage and will need some some sort or laser treatment to correct the retina....

At the same time, they also need to have their IOP (Intra Ocular Pressure) checked as well so that it is normal or kept under control...

Usually for diabetic checkups at an eye doctor. they're eyes should be diliated as well so doctor can check inside and behind the eye... if they dont do it, please request it to be done, the sooner the better.. :D

O btw... i sometimes have a box of caprisun pack drink... usually they're for me, but i guess it can work for a little sugar boost for diabetic patients...

·
TQ challenged
434 Posts
^^Ditto on that.
For a quick sugar fix, a couple of the little sugar packets from a coffee shop will work too!

·
Something Something Darkside
4,499 Posts
My good friend is diabetic. He usually would eat a candy bar. He doesn't keep food in the car though. He'd just go to the store or something but his house is usually well stocked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts